Locals, Spotbeams and transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Question I was looking at the old messages not sure if the spotbeams have changed in the last 4 or 5 years. I read it might be possible to get Philly locals or Baltimore or Washington, DC in Rhode Island. But someone said that they may have made the spotbeam a little to big an area. I know with Dish I can get spotbeam 3 and the New York Locals. And if they set me up with Direct what satellites will there be pointing at??? Thank you.

Checking the satmaps at the top of the page, the Baltimore map shows it is close. The line for steady reception is at about the CT/RI line. There aren't maps for DC or Philly, but I suspect Philly is possible. There are charts with the transponders for the local channels, so check them here http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...7596-directv-transponder-maps-data-6-5-a.html and see what your signal strength is on those transponders.

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I have a question. I live in southeastern Mass near the RI border. Is it possible to get Washington DC locals where I am?? They are on 99 tp 15 and 101 on tp 18. I know Boston is on tp 15 the same as DC so don't know if it would blocked out DC channels. I know someone could get Baltimore in my local area a year ago no problem at all with HD and SD. Thanks for your help.

Dan

First off Dan46, :welcome to Satelliteguys!

What signal strengths do you get on the hd Washington tp? If you are getting at least 80, you should get them well. Looking at the satmaps link on the top of the page, it looks like you might get the sd locals. There isn't a map for the hd channels, but those spot beams are usually smaller than the sd ones, and the signals are more difficult to pull in, so I would guess no for the hd. I think the Boston hd channels are on 103, so they shouldn't interfere. The Baltimore signals go a little further compared to the DC ones.

raoul
The problem is both Washington and Boston are on TP15 for HD. Now I assume they are on different spotbeams so Washington would be a no go

But I know Baltimore will work (a little birdie told me that) from Rhode Island

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts