Locals up in Central Texas but where is ABC???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alton987

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
Locals are in via 72.5 in the WACO/TEMPLE/BRYAN area but there is no ABC feed. Wierd thing is I get two CBS feeds. Anyone know if eventually I will get ABC or is this something that Directv will just forget about?

Should be just a carriage issue. Isn't KXXV a part-time ABC affiliate along with Telemundo? What other ABC affiliate serves your area, if any?

The FOX and WB affiliates are like that too. They both should be pressed into offering up two seperate network channels IMHO.

Same with my locals. They apparently are still working out the contract issues with ABC and will be added when all is said and done. Here was D* response to me when I asked the same question.

"Before we're able to add a local channel as a part
of our service, by law we must reach an agreement with the local station
that gives us permission to broadcast its signal. To date, we haven't
been able to reach an agreement with your local ABC affiliate.

We recognize that the customer is caught in the middle of this process
and we hope to resolve it as quickly as possible, and begin providing
you with a full lineup of your local network TV channels. In the
meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding."

Sataholic said:
Same with my locals. They apparently are still working out the contract issues with ABC and will be added when all is said and done. Here was D* response to me when I asked the same question.

"Before we're able to add a local channel as a part
of our service, by law we must reach an agreement with the local station
that gives us permission to broadcast its signal. To date, we haven't
been able to reach an agreement with your local ABC affiliate.

We recognize that the customer is caught in the middle of this process
and we hope to resolve it as quickly as possible, and begin providing
you with a full lineup of your local network TV channels. In the
meantime, we thank you for your patience and understanding."

Seems it's not just the ABC in central Texas, but also the one in Burlington, VT. What's up with ABC?

Wasn't there another ABC missing from one of the new local roll-outs?

Casey

Some of the small town affiliates turn the screws when it comes to their customers being able to pull them with satellite. They would really prefer to stay OTA or on their LOCAL cable system where they have more control or say so.

charper1 said:
Some of the small town affiliates turn the screws when it comes to their customers being able to pull them with satellite. They would really prefer to stay OTA or on their LOCAL cable system where they have more control or say so.

Well, I don't know about other areas, but "local" cable here means dealing with Adelphia... I don't see how that differs from dealing with DirecTV.

As far as OTA... well that's almost impossible here. They're just shooting themselves in the foot IMHO.

Casey

It's advertising dollars are managed and the provider is still operated and serviced by locals just like a non-o&o affiliate, and they DO CARE about keeping it "all in the family". I am not saying that is your case, but something that can enter the equation.

My ABC just showed up yesterday. One week after locals were offered in my area. Hopefully yours will show up as quickly as mine did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)