LOCKED OUT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

deaner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Wiggins, MS
I was wondering what you are doing if your locked out of the better threads. It will make it more difficult on locating the many items you wish to watch. Is their another forum with this information?

Who's locked out of what?

There are many threads in the FTA Department, and finding one among the many IS difficult.
Posting to really old threads is also discouraged.

What info are you seeking?
For the most part, ya ask, and someone helps.
Been that way as long as I've been here . :)

I think he means feeds. We don't post feeds in the open here. Most of us feel that it is not a good idea to trumpet what we may or may not be watching....:cool:

not that hard:

If you read between the lines, the one, two, or three birds most likely to have a certain subject matter, often are mentioned in public threads.
Not always the same birds; depends on the particular ... subject matter. :rolleyes:
That's a big clue.
So, then ya just blind scan them (on the weekend most likely), and make your own list.

It is difficult to be on the outside looking in and for no good reason. I read this as I can not be trusted so for safety I must be kept out. I follow the logic on security and I know the reason but others must know that if I must remain outside then I should leave the group as I do not want to do something wrong that would hurt others.

It is difficult to be on the outside looking in and for no good reason. I read this as I can not be trusted so for safety I must be kept out. I follow the logic on security and I know the reason but others must know that if I must remain outside then I should leave the group as I do not want to do something wrong that would hurt others.

HOSS-

It is NOT personal, believe me. If you just take a second to stop and realize just how many folks stop by, get help, then disappear, never to be heard from again. Every forum requires that everyone contribute on an ongoing basis to have any kind of thriving, informational, and FUN place to visit.

Getting access takes TIME, and PARTICIPATION on all users part. All of us were newbies, we learned, we have to pass on what we know to the new newbies...be a regular contributor, offer help, accept criticism, accept accolades (yeah, people appreciate you when you help sometimes)....

The satellite hobby is a two way street, you MUST give as well as RECEIVE. :up We ALL learn everyday.

I can't get in the private forums either. :(

How about sending me a non disclosure form to sign to get in. :D ;)

im not a really heavy poster on any forums, as i not too good with the english language. but i sure know satguys is a very close circle. I red more answers on this forum , that ive asked for. I dont know how many hours ive spent reading post here. But know i know what i need to have the best TVRO system available to me. With all that reading and serching, i might even found one of the hardest thing to find for a BUD setup, a H-H mount! thank you all :)

Some here take this forum thing i little too personnal. Im not here to often , because i cant acces the net every day, but id love to know what happened to techfizz, i know he was a ''special member'', but to me he wasn acting rude or impolite... at least not someting deserving ban.

this is a thing that i never really inderstood, the ''fear'' of posting feed. i dont get it, if its posted on public forums it will likely be scrambled next time around... why is that ?
those clients that use uplinking services or networks that uplink stuff to satellite have the choice to use scrambling or not? if they dont want you to see it they use it, so they know we are there to see if we can have a look. So the uplink have the choice, wether we are 100 or 10000 watching. They begun scrambling feed before the internet, they knew back then peoble were exchanging their find, by phone of BBS or someting. The problem is that those feeds are posted somewhere else on the net, so whats the point of keep it for yourself if the info is leaked somewhere else on the internet?

i did not write this in a harsh way, just some qustions

thank you for you time

Hey Wabo..I hear ya..some of the Admins here should read a book called Animal Farm..I hope democracy plays a role here..

I second stogie but I must add , and do not fight vs the cook or you will starve to death, lol I have been posting here longer than you and was denied access just a few days ago after getting my first c band dish. but guess what , it will be fun to move the dish around and blind scan for new stuff too bad my cs 8100 does not blind scan dvb-s2 signals , well not even regular dvb. but heck, the birdog's spectrum analizer has been quite helpful for that so far, besides I keep the freedom to fight the cook , should the cook serve bad food.

good luck hunting.

wabo , you just have probably melted the iceberg by just mentioning the username, lol. and the green one has probably been turned blue , lol . after seeing the damage to the already working dish that he/she had , I agree that he/she had to be punished some how for it , lol. back in havana you would have been executed for destroying such a fine working dish (well you would get executed just for using it as well , lol)

personally i have always had a hard time with the feeds policy , but rules are rules and i abide by them. It is a contradiction to me , in the land of the free , freedom of feeds speach is forbiden. it is like blaming the chinese for taking jobs from america rather than blaming the americans for taking their business to china. blame the uplinkers or content providers for the scrambling rather than the fta users sharing their feeds finds. at least we have the freedom to go somewhere else where the rules are more to our convinience or even better create our own forum just to share the newly found feeds. welcome to america , there is nothing like having such a freedom. time will tell. the new fizzle has risen , lol

have fun people and a very nice day and do not take this forums so personal.

"no" isn't "never":

Besides participation in the forum, has anyone considered what would reverse their "no" ?
Go feed-hunting, and report them to some of the staff.
Seems like a good approach to me.

On the other hand, begging, whining, and asking every month is probably not a wise approach to take. - :rolleyes:
Not that anyone is,,,, I'm just saying ....

fine print: I have suggested a couple of members in the past.
That's a step down from recommending.
One made it; one didn't.
Normally I just don't stick my nose into things like that.
Iceberg and the staff seem to have it well under control.

im not a really heavy poster on any forums, as i not too good with the english language. but i sure know satguys is a very close circle. I red more answers on this forum , that ive asked for. I dont know how many hours ive spent reading post here. But know i know what i need to have the best TVRO system available to me. With all that reading and serching, i might even found one of the hardest thing to find for a BUD setup, a H-H mount! thank you all :)

Some here take this forum thing i little too personnal. Im not here to often , because i cant acces the net every day, but id love to know what happened to techfizz, i know he was a ''special member'', but to me he wasn acting rude or impolite... at least not someting deserving ban.

this is a thing that i never really inderstood, the ''fear'' of posting feed. i dont get it, if its posted on public forums it will likely be scrambled next time around... why is that ?
those clients that use uplinking services or networks that uplink stuff to satellite have the choice to use scrambling or not? if they dont want you to see it they use it, so they know we are there to see if we can have a look. So the uplink have the choice, wether we are 100 or 10000 watching. They begun scrambling feed before the internet, they knew back then peoble were exchanging their find, by phone of BBS or someting. The problem is that those feeds are posted somewhere else on the net, so whats the point of keep it for yourself if the info is leaked somewhere else on the internet?

i did not write this in a harsh way, just some qustions

thank you for you time

I completely understand why they don't let just anyone in the Private Forums. I was around when all C band channels were free. Everything. And what got it scrambled was people talking about what they could get and where.

Wild feeds were popular I loved watching Star Trek a week in advance from the day it was suppose to air. :D

People started recording and posting new episodes on the internet in advance of it airing and they started scrambling. :(

If they released the current wild feeds they post in the private forums they would be next on the chopping block. So its ok they won't let me in. I like finding the feeds myself anyways. :D

you didnt see some of the threads that got deleted. Fizzle was here once before as Tim Godsil. Some goofy kid (14 if I remember right) who would ask decent questions but then went off the deep end asking after 3 days how to become a mod or "we need a Primestar forum". Throw in the fact he would send COUNTLESS PM's to people. Scott banned him. He came back and got banned a few times

Fast forward 6-7 months and fizzle came back. We (a few of us) pegged it right away same guy. But I gave him a chance. And he was doing fine but then again went off the deep end. I dont want to retype everything so I'll post a couple PM's that I sent to him. He received a warning for flaming a member here and he said "no I didnt" so here is the 1st PM I sent him

Iceberg said:
But on a side note, I really hope you listen to what I'm going to say since you dont seem to listen to folks in the threads.

I know you're young but you cannot be pissing people off here arguing with them about technology. Some of these people have more years in satellite than you have ON THIS EARTH. So arguing with them is a losing cause. Arguing with people who have been working with C-Band for 20+ years isnt going to get you far and ruins what little credibility you have. Hell I've worked with KU Band satellite for 8 years now and I will admit I dont know everything. But when folks try to help I LISTEN to them. When I got C-Band I didnt know much. I let the veteran group of C-Banders help and I absorbed all of that info to get my system working. Thats the key thing here that you seem to neglect to do is LISTEN to people. They want to help but when you don't listen it frustrates everyone.

Also telling the owner of this site that the setup he is getting is crap when you havent worked with it is not the brightest move. Arguing with someone who has worked with somewhere around 30-40 DVB receivers about what is good and what isn't is a battle you will lose.

Lets face facts here Timmy. I could have banned you the day you registered this name. After all we banned the other 5 names you had because you were bringing down the site with the constant thread openings of crap and not listening. But I took a chance this time thinking you wised up and at the beginning it looked like the right decision was made. But now I'm looking like the buffoon because you are back to your same ways and I am seriously thinking of banning you again and would continue to ban every name you try to make up.

So here are a couple pointers that might help you
-LISTEN to people and there ideas
-Refrain from opening 10 threads a day with the same question or just crap threads
-LISTEN to people (cant stress that enough)

This is your last chance. If you screw up, you will be banned

-Berg

Three days later he admitted to a member he steals Dish Network (which is an auto ban right there) but then created 2 threads that were just beyond stupid. He decides to burn some DirecTV equipment claiming it was "the 4DTV gods who told him to" and then shows the pics

2nd PM sent to him and was banned
Iceberg said:
Timmy
I tried to help you a few days ago with a PM after giving you a warning about issues that have arose since you returned. Obviously those words, much like most posts that are in your threads, were not heeded and you decided to open a useless thread about burning electronics. You think it was funny. The consensus was that it wasn't.

Also you have seemed to go off topic more and more and arguing with members. In one of your PM"s you said this
Quote:
I know alot, but i dont know everything, and everyone else on here is in the same boat, or this forum would of never have been started, its just a big group of people sharing ideas, at least by my understanding.

to which I did not respond because it is an asinine statement. You dont listen to people and try to group yourself with some of the veterans here when you are not even in the same ballpark. As I mentioned before arguing with a 20+ year C-Bander is a losing cause. They know much more about C-Band than you do. I know enough about C-Band but if I dont know something I'm not going to argue with them "just because"
Arguing with someone about picture quality on a receiver when you have an old SDTV and they have a HDTV is a losing cause. You're not going to win.

Folks try to help here but allot have pretty much gave up on you because YOU DON'T LISTEN. You are a child starving for attention. Plain and simple. You think you get a rise out of some of your threads. But we know better. That is why some people have pretty much stopped communicating with you. They're done dealing with a child.

I am pretty lenient on folks before banning them but I have given you too many chances and you keep trying to "push it".
-First you spend a month trying to get a perfectly good dish working taking up members times and effort only to crumple it up like a can then show the picture
-Then you steal dirt and try to say "well he doesn't know". I dont care. Stealing is stealing. You come here trying to find a way to cover up the hole.
-Admitting to people that you steal "other things"
-burning equipment and then saying "the 4DTV gods told me too" :rolleyes"

As I said before I should have banned you the day you re-registered but I decied to take a chance. I'm done taking chances because I am the one that looks bad. In all seriousness you are bringing down the forum with your arguing, multiple threads on the same thing and general stupidity (as that thread about burning the equipment was deleted for "utter stupidity") therefore I am banning you.

There are other boards out there who mainly deal with 4DTV. Try one of them and see how long they'll deal with some of your posts.

Good Luck
Iceberg

He reregistered a few times calling us nazis and that he can do whatever he wants...again a child starving for attention

there are items that are in the clear that shouldnt be. When folks post them on sites and the "spiders" that collect info for Google, Yahoo etc post it on those boards then everyone can see

Example...we posted some channels that were in the clear. Somebody took that info (that wasnt theirs to begin with) and posted it on a public site..a day and a half later google had that info posted...2 days later the channels were taken down and scrambled. Coincidence??? You be the judge

thank you all for your post, i stand corrected on the fizzle, it is well diserved...:eek:
It seems i was missing a lot of info on this subject. i just dont get it, how can someone think he can argue people having 20 years experience when he has barely 2years behind him. lol

Im on my way to have the right gear to hunt feed , only on DVBS right now, as i have a CS6k and Azbox. im just waiting for a good swing in the Ca$/US$ exchange rate to get a Vantage.
So i wasn begging to have acces to the feeds thread. im finding quite a lot by myself, at least what i watch. So i really dont need to have acces to this section.

Iceberg : thank you for your good answers on those subjects, ill learn my way up the ladder here !:)

sorry to have said that name, it wont happen again... ever :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)