LOCKED OUT

Status
Please reply by conversation.
thank you all for your post, i stand corrected on the fizzle, it is well diserved...:eek:
no worries :)
It seems i was missing a lot of info on this subject. i just dont get it, how can someone think he can argue people having 20 years experience when he has barely 2years behind him. lol
That was the issue. He had a C-Band setup for a couple days and is arguing with people that have worked with C-Band since the late 80's. I've only had C-Band for 4 years or so and I'm not going to argue with them :)

He also kept saying that he had a analog HD feed when in fact is was a SD backhaul of a baseball game...he was showing it on his analog SDTV ;)

Im on my way to have the right gear to hunt feed , only on DVBS right now, as i have a CS6k and Azbox. im just waiting for a good swing in the Ca$/US$ exchange rate to get a Vantage.
I'm thinking the same but the other way ;) I like having my Shaw Direct system be inexpensive :D

Iceberg : thank you for your good answers on those subjects, ill learn my way up the ladder here !:)

sorry to have said that name, it wont happen again... ever :D

again no worries :)

Ice,

I like a lot your old letters to this Fizzle guy, especially the first one. What I can't support is for any forum site's staff to be allowed to look through private conversations of forum members with each other (PMs) without a "warrant", unless a forum member complains about being spammed. Also, merely admission of a "signal theft" by a "suspect" is insufficient to find him guilty, more evidence is required by a jury. In particular for a childish unstable guy like this. Otherwise anyone can become a victim of "DN torture" and case fabrication. On top, this case prompts for a consideration to setup an "FTA for Kids" forum section. :)

Ice,

What I can't support is for any forum site's staff to be allowed to look through private conversations of forum members with each other (PMs) without a "warrant"
The members sent the info to me (sorry if that wasnt communicated better but the PM was to fizzle directly). Fizzle was known to send oodles of PM's to people (including me...I'd get probably 10 a day from him). The info was sent to me from other members. I cant read PM's other than mine :)

And he wasnt banned for admitting to stealing. That was just a small part of it. It was more the other items :)

Well , if i may offer a probable solution to the publicly posting of feeds issue then.

Since the problem is the posting on public forums of such feeds due to the "spiders" finding them and then adding that info to google and the likes, why not then do what the inteligence community does to broadcast their info to their spies?. Instead of using the actual feed words we could create our own scrambling dictionary and then refer and talk about those feeds with such coded words then? Sort of , NY Yankees HD being refered as Bronx Hot Potato and the SD version as Cold Potato? or whatever, hold on ....... someone is knocking at my door ...... ah!! it is just the FBI, lol.

I am just new to this FTA world and as a result did not suffered the suddenly scrambling of anything , therefore maybe that is why I can not comprehend fully why the info is so private but partially I understand it.

But who knwos maybe the creation of the FTA agents or new F(TA)BI agents could give us a solution to this problem , what do you think people?. Something like this posted:

Bronx Hot potatos could be picked up at toronto with 3420 female hands on an octogonal field. there are 14500 shipping boxes and do not forget to take a break every 7/8 hours.

message decoded as : NYY HD on 79W with 3920 H using 8PSK. use 14500 SR and 7/8 FEC.

toronto is true south at 79W, the female hands are horizontal and male would be vertical and the octogonal field refers to 8PSK , regular field would be QPSK. shipping boxes are SR and the break time is the FEC. at least for every sport feed you just need to create a dictionary for every major pro team in US. there are a lot i know but they are a finite number anyways.

what do you think people? , do you still think that google will pick up that info some how? after all it is just a potato picking conversation , right?

There are plenty of other forums where people can share feed information, if they choose. We just don't choose to do it here in the open. It has sometimes been a point of contention, but it's the rules. This IS a privately owned forum, and entitled to any eccentricities that it chooses, so long as they're legal.
:)

Not to mention that blind scanning is half the fun and really isn't that hard.

The subject matter has come up several times, and I must admit I have mixed feelings as both positions have merit. The bottom line is that it is management's position that such things are not posted in open forum. While that implies exclusion, it really isnt. The access to the infomation is structured so that the access is earned, and it should be that way. If not any yahoo could virtually destroy FTA as we know it, even the public stuff in a very short time.
Contribution, participation, forum demeanor, courtesy to other members.....I'm sure there is even more, but those things will be a foundation for consideration for access. Some of the Sr. members have already pointed this out.
Spider bots are indeed another issue, as the 'net is indellable.
There was a system (loosely) in place at one time that if one found something worthy of being posted and even thought it was something that needed discresionary treatment, the thing to do was to PM Tony with the info and let him decide. Contributions of finds, implying a result of actively hunting (participating in the hobby) along with a good BBS community repoir, could very likely result in an invitation. The more one stands out in these ways, the greater the notice taken. Of course there is the fourth dimension to keep in mind, even if all other aspects are in place, this takes time.
I feel sure everyone who has petitioned for acceptance is under continous revue, and I suspect impatience impacts that revue period. AFAIK there is no "ruling council", or "committee", it's more about one's visible merits and gut feeling of the revuer(s) on those merits.
Scott has been kind enough to allow us our own little corner of the playground, and asks very little of us, play nice and dont posts sensitive material in open forums.
FWIW, this is not the only place that has such structure ("private forums"). Some are brazenly harsh and rudely clickish. You wont find any of those traits here.

Last edited:
Well I'm glad to have heard the rest of the story on the fiz....I know annoying when I see it lol. I still wonder what was brewin in the outhouse.....hmmm. Ice thanks for seeting the record straight too. Blind

Well I'm glad to have heard the rest of the story on the fiz....I know annoying when I see it lol. I still wonder what was brewin in the outhouse.....hmmm. Ice thanks for seeting the record straight too. Blind

oh yeah the outhouse with the TV antenna on it ;)
also the thread of "instead of trenching a line I decided to run cable about an extra 300 feet around everything at our junkyard....err house"

Dude this post RULES!!! :up:up

The subject matter has come up several times, and I must admit I have mixed feelings as both positions have merit. The bottom line is that it is management's position that such things are not posted in open forum. While that implies exclusion, it really isnt. The access to the infomation is structured so that the access is earned, and it should be that way. If not any yahoo could virtually destroy FTA as we know it, even the public stuff in a very short time.
so true. We've had issues where we let everyone in then all our posts "sprouted feet and went to other sites" so then folks stopped posting

There was a system (loosely) in place at one time that if one found something worthy of being posted and even thought it was something that needed discresionary treatment, the thing to do was to PM Tony with the info and let him decide. Contributions of finds, implying a result of actively hunting (participating in the hobby) along with a good BBS community repoir, could very likely result in an invitation. The more one stands out in these ways, the greater the notice taken. Of course there is the fourth dimension to keep in mind, even if all other aspects are in place, this takes time.
I feel sure everyone who has petitioned for acceptance is under continous revue, and I suspect impatience impacts that revue period. AFAIK there is no "ruling council", or "committee", it's more about one's visible merits and gut feeling of the revuer(s) on those merits.
That pretty much sums it up. Being active here is a major plus.

Scott has been kind enough to allow us our own little corner of the playground, and asks very little of us, play nice and dont posts sensitive material in open forums.
you're right. Scott has given us our own little area where the rules are different than the other parts of the forum. Its more laid back here :)
We've had that rule about posting sensitive things in the open area for maybe 4 1/2 years now...we didnt have the FTA area when Satelliteguys started (we got it mid 04 and Sat guys started Sept 03) so its been a rule here since day 1 of the FTA area and I am grateful that most people follow it. There have been some hiccups along the way but I think we have thew best group of folks here :)

FWIW, this is not the only place that has such structure ("private forums"). Some are brazenly harsh and rudely clickish.
so true. I've been to other sites who wont let anyone in their "private forum" unless you give all your satellite info like receivers etc and agree that you can be thrown out for any or no reason at any time.

You wont find any of those traits here.
nope. Just a bunch of folks having fun :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)