look at this video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
WOW! A walk down memory lane!! :)

That is the system my brother-in-law had until my dad hit it while picking corn!!! :facepalm

That's a re-badged Uniden UST-9000 receiver. I had the Uniden version as my first c-band receiver and it was flat out awesome. If I were to put in a BUD at my new house, I'd want one of those coupled to it. What was great was that the front panel LED display gave you all the information at a glance. Simple and very effective. Handy for a dish mover/polarity changer these days to not have to look at an onscreen display.

There was an eBay auction a few months ago for one of these full systems, new in the bo:mad:s) and not that far from me. Guy wanted a crazy amount for it ($800ish I think). I was thinking about contacting him to make a reasonable offer, but if I'm going to go through the effort to put a bud in, it's going to be a 12' one.

my biggest dish is 10', i know it pulls about anything there is to get in. i would imagine a few points higher signal on a 12'.
i would hate to see how touchy KU position is on a 12' dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts