Looking for a Hard Drive for 722 VIP

joecap1946

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 7, 2008
Wewahitcka, Florida
Noooooo! :)

I'm sure others will chime in, my experience has not been good with Seagate.

However nothing but great things to say about this one (I have two) ;

Amazon.com: Western Digital WD Elements 1 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBAAU0010HBK-NESN: Electronics

Tampa, wanted you to know I purchased the above mentioned drive from Amazon. Quick question, can you transfer PPV movies to EHD.? I know some are limited viewing, and once you start to view that's it. But are you able to save to DVR and then transfer to EHD and watch at a later date?

Just curious, and thanks again for the input on the purchase.

Joe

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
Yes, no problem with PPV. Very few PPV have no expiration date. Most expire 24hours after you watch them. What I do is record the same movie 2 or 3 times watch the first recording. Then save the others if I would like to watch them later. If you don't watch the recording then it lasts a few months.

joecap1946

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 7, 2008
Wewahitcka, Florida
Yes, no problem with PPV. Very few PPV have no expiration date. Most expire 24hours after you watch them. What I do is record the same movie 2 or 3 times watch the first recording. Then save the others if I would like to watch them later. If you don't watch the recording then it lasts a few months.

Great Idea, thanks so much for taking the time to answer. In fact thanks to all who have made this process an easy one.

Joe

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Tampa, wanted you to know I purchased the above mentioned drive from Amazon. Quick question, can you transfer PPV movies to EHD.? I know some are limited viewing, and once you start to view that's it. But are you able to save to DVR and then transfer to EHD and watch at a later date?

Just curious, and thanks again for the input on the purchase.

Joe

Yes, it will copy over with no problem. You will notice unlike when it is stored on the DVR, it will not show as a locked event, but rather will show the name of the movie, and it will not be locked.
You can watch it from the external hard drive. I have one on there now, that should have expired, but as yet still plays from the external drive.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)