Looking for a O Ring and Screw Kit for a WR75 flange

Oh dear spoke to soon with the O ring kit for the SMW LNB as its to large by a few mm I would have thought a WR75 flange size would have a standard size O ring but its clear that the states side O ring is bigger by a few mm so thats being returned tomorrow . So still hunting for a O ring and screw kit .

Attachments

• WR75 with M4.JPG
    WR75 with M4.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 227
  • O ring to large.jpg
    O ring to large.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 248
  • LNB faces.jpg
    LNB faces.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 240
What you found out is that there is no standard for the O ring. It's up to the manufacturer. They usually supply the Oring with the LNB. So there is no universal fits all o ring and screw "kit" persay. I have a jar full of M4 LNB screws that are different lengths and head design. and I have found O rings that don't fit other LNBs very well at all too.

Well I have good news and bad news ? I contacted SMW and they are sending me a O ring and a set of screws for free ! The bad news is When I unpacked the replacement Corotor there was a missing Ku Elbow so I had to ask around to found a spare Ku Elbow . I only hope the elbow comes with a O ring and screws other wise we are back to the start all over again .

Attachments

• Missing Elbow.jpg
    Missing Elbow.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Missing Ku elbow with the 4 x Torx screws.JPG
    Missing Ku elbow with the 4 x Torx screws.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 231
Well I now have on the way a O ring and screw kits coming from SMW but I am missing the Ku Elbow however one of the members on one of the other forums is selling me one so i hope to get this project finished soon but my old corotor is in a very bad state after 30 years . once I have the new Elbow I will put the new LNBs on still looking for a Norsat 3120F C band LNB

Attachments

• Corotor-min.jpg
    Corotor-min.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 229
  • Missing Elbow.jpg
    Missing Elbow.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: FTA4PA
Yes I have heard that bolting the LNB straight onto the corotor is better with less loss the problem is you would need to drill out the threds on the corotor flange then cut 2 of the screws down so you could screw up into the LNB . As you can see on the right side your be able to screw into the LNB but the left side your need to cut down the screw length but I do fully understand the bend will cause attenuation the corotor was designed to have a elbow . The C band Elbow I dont use as you can see from my old one .

Attachments

• Corotor flange.jpg
    Corotor flange.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Ku LNB straight onto corotor.jpg
    Ku LNB straight onto corotor.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Corotor spec.JPG
    Corotor spec.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Corotor-min.jpg
    Corotor-min.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 244
Hi Guys well the Elbow just arrived I had to be fast as the Hermes guy left it on the door step and ran !

So the good news is yes it fits the waveguide is at a different angle but it should work next problem is the Elbow is all male so there is no O ring slot so will have to put some gasket sealant between the 2 faces .

Option 2

Drill out the threads on the corotor flange and bolt the LNB straight onto the corotor .

Your thoughts are welcome .

Attachments

• LNB Bolted to Corotor-min.jpg
    LNB Bolted to Corotor-min.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 247
  • LNB + Corotor A-min.jpg
    LNB + Corotor A-min.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 248
  • LNB + Corotor B-min.jpg
    LNB + Corotor B-min.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 229
  • LNB + Corotor Face-min.jpg
    LNB + Corotor Face-min.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 231
  • Ku LNB straight onto corotor.jpg
    Ku LNB straight onto corotor.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 244
Like I said in your other thread there are to kinds of Ku elbows. You of course were sent the wrong one. Maybe they have the correct one too.

Sorry but the corotor man and the elbow man are not the same person but these are the items I have to work with but the elbow was only £5 but not sure were to find the corrent elbow unless someone has a old corotor kicking around .Next problem is not all corotors are the same .

Thanks Magic Static I will drop SMW a email but from past experience they will only sell to the trade and if they do sell to the public its megger money I found this out when I was looking for a SMW type R Ku LNB .

At the moment I think it maybe best to bolt the LNB straight onto the corotor flange that way you do have a O ring on the LNB flange to seal the waveguide .

Should any of you want to try your luck with SMW this is the guy I have been dealing with .

Olle Carlsson

Applications & Sales Engineer

e-mail olle.carlsson@smw.se

Tel. +46 141 216135

Direct +46 141 216133 (+voice message)

Skype Business: olle.carlsson@smw.se

web www.smw.se

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts