Looking for Acutrac 22 Pro Satellite locator

HighSpeedDishJunkie

Original poster
Hello all,

Wanted to say that so far I have gathered quite a bit of useful information in regards to Dishnetwork, DirecTV and so on. I am new to this discussion group, and as many that join in need of assistance. Maybe you all can help.

First off, I live in Central, NY where getting cable and dsl from any provider is impossible right at this point and from the information I recieved from most of the internet and cable providers, it may be years before they hit my area. :mad:

I was sort of left with no options to set up with DishNetwork, whom have so far have been great as far as watching the tube. :D

But as far as internet goes, my choices were in this area satellite or dial up. Dial up was definately out of the question, but temporary. So, did some more research and I purchased a Direcway 6000 system, used & free and clear from Hughesnet, and I am looking to find a used Acutrac 22 Pro Sat locator. :eek:

But the dish itself is mounted and the cables are already in place, just need some further assistance with finalizing the setup with Direcway, and I'm sure most of you know how cooperating those people are. NOT! :mad:

Any assistance you all can give would be greatly appreciated.

HighSpeedDishJunkie

HighSpeedDishJunkie said:
Hello all,

But the dish itself is mounted and the cables are already in place, just need some further assistance with finalizing the setup with Direcway, and I'm sure most of you know how cooperating those people are. NOT! :mad:

HighSpeedDishJunkie

The reason why is because the FCC tells them that anyone who installs their systems has to be certified so the transmitter will not interfer with other transponders on the Satellite. The Accutrac is not going to help you much anyway with a Direcway setup. You need an OPI or a Birdog "or similar meter".

Again you will not get it activated unless a certified installer does it. Sorry.

HighSpeedDishJunkie said:
I've already got that end of it taken care of, setting the dish to right satellite is my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you want to set that dish up, so that you know you have the CoPol CrossPol correct, then you might want to consider hiring a Pro that has the BirDog Meter (Cost is approx. $500.00 from www.perfect-10.tv ) to save yourself some heartache and money... You can also buy that Acutrac from them, but you won't get the C/N Level on that meter...

Of course, you might just go ahead and purchase that BirDog, so that you can have your own "Quality Meter"...:)

Pretty easy to do it your self. First thing first. You gotta call Direcway to setup a account, they will tell you to get a professional intaller but you don't need to. All you do is ask which satellite and frequency they want to use.
Ask for question like, what longitude the satellite is, what is the frequency. horizontial or verital up and downlinks are, symbol rate and virtibi mode. Then get SAM and PIN number for your account from them.

Once you get all that all you do is get a laptop with wireless router and wireless router to hook up to the modem so you can connect and monitor the signal when you aim the dish without having to hook up long ethernet cable.

hook up the dish to about where you need to aim at. Hook up the 6000 to WAN port of you wireless router. make sure your router don't use 192.168.0.xxx for DHCP/GateWay etc. Change it to 192.168.xxx.xxx instead.

Then you log on to the modem using http://192.168.0.1/fs/registartion/setup.html
Choose Professional install.
Enter zip code, click next, then choose manul transponder entry and input the numbers you got from direcway tech. Make use OPI is uncheck that should take you to place where should give you Elevation and Skew. (set up the dish)
and choose signal meter. if everthing is right meter should start at round 10. if anything higher there is something wrong with parameters.

Move the dish slowly until you get to some green on signal meter and tweak until peak. Screen only refresh every 1 sec so only make slow adjustments.
70-80 are good depending on satellite you're aiming at. Once you find the peak lock the dish down. Next will be Cross polling. Choose Manual.

That's where you mess with the Skew, you loosen then skew bolts and tweak until you get the best result. (Exteremely sensitive so move very slow and watch the number change. They will jump all over the place depening on weather etc. so just get the best average you can get. Then you do automatic xpoll, keep doing it until you get the best one.

after all that you should beable to get to registration page after that then. Make sure you're using Internet Exploder thought. Stupid directway program don't know jack sh*t about javascripts.

PM me if you need help. Anybody can do this stuff, its very easy! Hardest part is putting the dish on the damn mount 28' high.

ZawNH-VT said:
Pretty easy to do it your self. First thing first. You gotta call Direcway to setup a account, they will tell you to get a professional intaller but you don't need to. All you do is ask which satellite and frequency they want to use.
Ask for question like, what longitude the satellite is, what is the frequency. horizontial or verital up and downlinks are, symbol rate and virtibi mode. Then get SAM and PIN number for your account from them.

Once you get all that all you do is get a laptop with wireless router and wireless router to hook up to the modem so you can connect and monitor the signal when you aim the dish without having to hook up long ethernet cable.

hook up the dish to about where you need to aim at. Hook up the 6000 to WAN port of you wireless router. make sure your router don't use 192.168.0.xxx for DHCP/GateWay etc. Change it to 192.168.xxx.xxx instead.

Then you log on to the modem using http://192.168.0.1/fs/registartion/setup.html
Choose Professional install.
Enter zip code, click next, then choose manul transponder entry and input the numbers you got from direcway tech. Make use OPI is uncheck that should take you to place where should give you Elevation and Skew. (set up the dish)
and choose signal meter. if everthing is right meter should start at round 10. if anything higher there is something wrong with parameters.

Move the dish slowly until you get to some green on signal meter and tweak until peak. Screen only refresh every 1 sec so only make slow adjustments.
70-80 are good depending on satellite you're aiming at. Once you find the peak lock the dish down. Next will be Cross polling. Choose Manual.

That's where you mess with the Skew, you loosen then skew bolts and tweak until you get the best result. (Exteremely sensitive so move very slow and watch the number change. They will jump all over the place depening on weather etc. so just get the best average you can get. Then you do automatic xpoll, keep doing it until you get the best one.

after all that you should beable to get to registration page after that then. Make sure you're using Internet Exploder thought. Stupid directway program don't know jack sh*t about javascripts.

PM me if you need help. Anybody can do this stuff, its very easy! Hardest part is putting the dish on the damn mount 28' high.

First if you have never pointed a satellite then it is more trouble than its worth.
Second you do not have to use IE I use Mozilla all the time.
Anything higher than 10 you say is something wrong with parameters? You can get up to 29 without hitting signal. The signal can say 10 to 29 until you hit the satellite.
Very Easy?
Are you certified to do DWay cause you are not suppose to mount more than 25 due to serviceability.
Last the Dway CSR is NOT going to give a customer the satellite parameters they need.

The Tate said:
First if you have never pointed a satellite then it is more trouble than its worth.
Second you do not have to use IE I use Mozilla all the time.
Anything higher than 10 you say is something wrong with parameters? You can get up to 29 without hitting signal. The signal can say 10 to 29 until you hit the satellite.
Very Easy?
Are you certified to do DWay cause you are not suppose to mount more than 25 due to serviceability.
Last the Dway CSR is NOT going to give a customer the satellite parameters they need.

Yeah, they will give anyone parameters, if you ops for self installation (Tell them you have dealer near by who's willing to install it for hourly rate). I installed a few that way before on hourly rate.

Certification?? LOL
who need its. all you needs is LOL.

Mozilla and firefox will not let Agree to light up when you get to agreement page because direcway use IE HTML for the froms.

Its pretty easy if everthing work. Most of the problem I have is Stupid Direcway system it self. Frigging ACP errors and changing satellite location after site survey etc.

ACP Error, Will keep trying again!

oh its not our problem, try different modem/transmitter/dish. The real sloution, try Different transponder!!!!

Sounds like you have no clue of what you are talking about.
I do Direcway everyday. Residential and Enterprise and use Mozilla "which is Firefox" :rolleyes: in every single one of my installs.
And yes if you are a REAL installer you have to be CERTIFIED for Direcway.
Changing satellite location after site survey? Do you mean when you get the modem commissioned it changes satellites, cause if you knew what you were doing you would know what satellite the type of modem you are using points to what satellite at any given time.

Besides if you are not certified tech support will not talk to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts