Looking for Channel Master 1.2m Parts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
I just had "Xizer" visit me from Wisconsin to buy my C-band package and a few other items I gave him for free. One was a 1.2m Channel Master dish with a bent lower center lnb support arm. I was going to send him the link to Future Vision where I have bought CM parts before, but seems they are gone now. Anyone have this part or know where to buy it? He also need the top half of the lnb clamp.

Well, here's the 'scoop' as I've 'digested' it:
Primestar / ChannelMaster dish info:
Made by Channel Master for Primestar.
Channel Master dish division aquired by Andrew MFG.
Andrew MFG dish division split off and becomes ASC Signal.
In 2008 ASC Signal and Raven Antenna
aquired by Satellite Holdings LLC.
Now rebranded as Skyware Global.
http://www.skywareglobal.com
Their distributor list (http://www.skywareglobal.com/index.php/north-america) says
Satcom Resources www.satcomresources.com
Canada is listed as TDL www.www.tdlcanada.ca
Might try there???

FWIW: Other product lines owned by CommScope (Coax, fittings etc.)

Fat I checked out your link (thanks) seems to be only new equipment, no replacement parts. The place I have used in the past "Future Vision mostly sold spare new parts, they had a identical site under a different name maybe someone knows.

Typical today, no support for equipment that's 'in the field'. I have no idea what Futurevisions 'other' website is, or was.
But, you'd think the distributors should have 'known' dealers. Maybe a dealer has NOS????

I have a 1.8m Prodelin that I rebuilt, it’s arms were badly mangled. It was almost impossible to find new parts for it. I did find SOME parts but I don’t think they are really the right ones.
Doesn’t matter though because my goal is to turn it into a mini-bud for C-band so everything is going to be rebuilt from scratch.
I bought some new electrical conduit which is actually much sturdier than the dinky stuff that was on the dish originally. That’s my suggestion, buy new conduit and DIY. There’s a thread I started some months back about this dish which is full of details, PDF files, photos, etc and all the info you need to build new parts. One of the images has all the precise measurements including focal point measurements.

Reactions: Pixl
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)