looking for info on sunday ticket blackout info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gib4500

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
Ohio
I have the sunday ticket and i get my locals from from the wheeling wv dma. Here is my problem, I certanly understand them wanting me to watch my local games on the local channels. However fox and abc are not in high def in my dma yet. I noticed i was blacked out last week of the game on sunday ticket that was on my local fox station. The game on the local fox station was so blurry it was rediculous because it's still in standard def. I was just wondering what the rules were in a situation like that. To me the fair thing to do was allow the hd of fox on sunday ticket becuase otherwise i would have no access to the hd game. Instead it is basically unwatchable on sd fox. Thanks for any help or info.

yeah, this is on the NFL and Local Stations.

Reason why we have blackout rules in all sports. Local stations reserve rights to have game broadcasted locally only.

yea i figured that was the case. I just think it's very unfair that the local fox station doesn't allow directv it's hd feed right now for some reason. Comcast however has it. I just wasn't sure if the hd-sd argument held any ground for getting the game. Apparently not. Thanks for replying.

What about getting an OTA antenna and scanning in your locals? You'll then be able to see the local games in HD. Problem solved.

Yea i don't know if i could get reception or not where i'm at. I'm in a valley with hills around me. Also if i did even get the wtrf wheeling stations off antena i still wouldn't be able to get the fox feed in hd. This is because over the air it does not broadcast in hd yet. Wtrf cbc is in hd, but the fox and abc are in sd. For some reason they made a special link with comcast so comcast custumers get the fox and abc of wtrf in hd. However they must not have made this link available to directv yet. They claimed the hd feeds of those channels would be coming but who knows when that will be.

Yeah their Fox and ABC feeds are subchannels of the WTRF CBS transmitter. If I had to guess, Comcast is upconverting. I can't imagine they would have an HD feed to Comcast if they don't even broadcast in HD OTA.

Unfortunately the issue is that his HOME DMA doesn't broadcast his in-market games (I'm guessing he is in Browns territory?) in HD, and he can't get the HD feed of it on ST because he's in-market. Now I guess if he wants to "Move" to say Pittsburgh or Columbus locals, those spot beams both cover him, and then he should be out of the Browns market and would receive them on ST (but then Steelers or Bengals games would be blacked out and would have to be watched on the 'moved' locals).

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and "moved" to Columbus Ohio. That should solve the issue. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts