Looking for new tv - HELP!

The main ones that have made them for years, still make Plasma. The major one to stop is Pioneer, and if I am not mistaken, Panny was making them the last year anyway, so...My point is, those should not be going anywhere for quite some time

There are some great LCD sets out there, no doubt about that, and for some peoples situation, they may be better. For mine however, I have had both, and plasma is the hands down winner. Just a better looking, smoother, more realistic picture for the viewing environment that I have.

Don’t waste your money on plasma..Get a nice 52” 1080p LCD TV
Must disagree 100%. LCD IS a waste of money comparatively. Plamsa reigns supreme for natural image display. I spent years in the film and video production business. LCD puts too much artificial detail into smooth film images, at least as I am used to seeing it. My Dad has both (2 42" Samsungs) and knows nothing about original quality. He much prefers the Plasma. "Prettier" as he puts it (and it's a 720p).

Last edited:
Lol, you got a good deal.

I see them at $1299 and $1399. I did not see any 50" 1080p models at your price.

When did you order it?

I saw it in the store last night. The 4th was a good evening for shopping as everything was dead.

I also saw a 60" Kuro for $3999 at American. I was very tempted, but it was a bit too big for my situation and nobody could tell me how long it had been on the display floor.

I was torn between Sony and Samsung when I decided to buy an LCD TV four months ago. But in the end, I settled for the latter because of its quality and price. The picture clarity was so good that you can't tell the difference between the two and the clincher was the price eventually. Samsung is much cheaper. Many consider it as one of the best LCD TV on the market right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)