Looking for Satellite Deal

Oleg24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Is there any satellite providers which do not require first payment of $49.95 on credit card or debit card?

DirecTV doesn't require any upfront payment unless they deem it necessary for a deposit. I signed up with a 200.00 deposit required. They will give it back to me at the score of 10 bucks a month for 20 months as long as I keep the account in good standing. When I found out about that it almost made me do the 49.95 deal with Dish without a contract. I am happy where I am though here with DirecTV even though I had to give them 200.00 up front. At least a one year contract is required with DirecTV (2 years for advanced equipment like DVR or HD).

DirecTV doesn't require any upfront payment unless they deem it necessary for a deposit. I signed up with a 200.00 deposit required. They will give it back to me at the score of 10 bucks a month for 20 months as long as I keep the account in good standing. When I found out about that it almost made me do the 49.95 deal with Dish without a contract. I am happy where I am though here with DirecTV even though I had to give them 200.00 up front. At least a one year contract is required with DirecTV (2 years for advanced equipment like DVR or HD).

Hm you got some bad deal. I just do not want to pay $49.95 activation fee plus $30.00 for the first month all at ones.

Well the only thing I paid up front was the deposit. If I remember right the first month and partial month's service was billed 10 days later. I used part of my tax return to finance the deposit so it wasn't that bad. It keeps my bill a little lower for almost two years thereafter. A person with a tad better credit could do the same without the deposit, which means they wouldn't receive a bill for at least ten days after the install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts