Looking for Satellite Deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Oleg24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Is there any satellite providers which do not require first payment of $49.95 on credit card or debit card?

DirecTV doesn't require any upfront payment unless they deem it necessary for a deposit. I signed up with a 200.00 deposit required. They will give it back to me at the score of 10 bucks a month for 20 months as long as I keep the account in good standing. When I found out about that it almost made me do the 49.95 deal with Dish without a contract. I am happy where I am though here with DirecTV even though I had to give them 200.00 up front. At least a one year contract is required with DirecTV (2 years for advanced equipment like DVR or HD).

DirecTV doesn't require any upfront payment unless they deem it necessary for a deposit. I signed up with a 200.00 deposit required. They will give it back to me at the score of 10 bucks a month for 20 months as long as I keep the account in good standing. When I found out about that it almost made me do the 49.95 deal with Dish without a contract. I am happy where I am though here with DirecTV even though I had to give them 200.00 up front. At least a one year contract is required with DirecTV (2 years for advanced equipment like DVR or HD).

Hm you got some bad deal. I just do not want to pay $49.95 activation fee plus $30.00 for the first month all at ones.

Well the only thing I paid up front was the deposit. If I remember right the first month and partial month's service was billed 10 days later. I used part of my tax return to finance the deposit so it wasn't that bad. It keeps my bill a little lower for almost two years thereafter. A person with a tad better credit could do the same without the deposit, which means they wouldn't receive a bill for at least ten days after the install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)