looking for some configuration help

woody99

Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Northern California
Greetings;
Long time lurker, here for some info.. I have a mountain cabin in the Sierras, that currently has a VERY old (early 1990’s as near as we can remember) DTV setup. Our view of the DTV satellite is closing, due to tree growth over the last 10 years or so. It appears from looking at the various maps and charts, that the dish satellites are farther to the right, and would open a window for continued TV reception.
We only need SD Sacramento Locals, or possibly SD SF Bay Area Locals, and SD CSNBA,CSNC for sports. This seems to be included in the lowest package which would also save some bucks.
My question is, exactly what satellites do we need to ‘see’ to pull in these channels. It looks like 110 has SD Sacramento locals but we would also need to get 119, which has CSNBA, CSNC. 119 has the SF Bay Locals, and the sports channels. What kind of equipment would I be looking at for this setup?? Using the Dish Pointer app on my phone shows that we have a good view of 110,119, but 129 is questionable.
Any help and/or advise would be much appreciated
Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts