GEOSATpro Looking For USB Adapter To Fix MicroHD Boot Loop.

Santa Clause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Coastal Maine
My MicroHD has gone into a boot loop after doing a factory reset. I have been using the latest firmware with the default channel list since it was released. I know a couple of guys on this forum sell the USB adapters and I've seen a lot on ebay but I was wondering what you guys use, how well do the under $10 ones work. I have a Coolsat 5000, Mercury II, a couple of Pansat 2700's and a pair of Viewsat Ultra receivers that allow me to watch fta but I really miss the Micro. Thanks, Pat.

Thanks for the links. I have checked out those adapters and will probably go with one of them but was curious about others experience with the cheaper units. I've had the MicroHD for some time now and have been very happy with it, the Boot looping problem is odd as the last firmware update was installed a few months ago and the receiver was working fine until a factory reset and I pulled the power plug for 10 seconds. Thanks again, Pat.

I needed the TTL adapter before ke4est had them and purchased one from ebay. After several hours of trying to get it operating and giving up, I read a thread here where another member found their unit had the TX, RX terminals reversed. I tried that and it worked the first time.

Lesson learned, you get what you pay for.

I have made a lot of the cables and let me tell you theres a big chance of getting a bad cable if you buy a cheap o. It took 3 different builds/china suppliers until I got cables that did not have a 30 to 50% DOA rate. Keep in mind the ttl cables also work with the raspberry Pi :)

Last edited:
Raspberry Pi is great for as little as it costs. XBMC runs decent. Only thing is I wish it had more ram. 512mb is a tad on the low side but really can't complain for the price. I am hoping they release a 1 gig version in the future. When I used it as a media center I got a cheapo wireless usb keyboard and it worked well with it. For $35 you do get alot!

I unlooped my MicroHD today using a cable I bought from ke4est on ebay. After finding the appropriate driver for my PC and a good .udf file I was back to scanning satellites. Thank you ke4est.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)