Looking to go back to DirecTV - some questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ron Tobin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I cancelled my service several years ago, returned the "leased" receivers and uninstalled and discarded my slimline dish. Looking to reinstate service and I don't want any installers coming to my home. What's the current model D* DVR that I can buy online? Does D* still use access cards? What dish should I get? Slimline I assume.

Are NY networks still on CONUS in HD? I forgot which satellite they were on. Can someone point me to the latest list.

I used to know all this stuff but it's been a while, so appreciate being re-educated.

Thanks much,

Professional installation is pretty much mandatory for a new account. If that's not in the cards, the other issues are moot.

H/HR24 is the way to go, theres also a H25 out, but requires SWM dish, not sure if you have that p[articular Slimline dish.
Ofcourse they still use access cards, comes with the recvr.

NY locals is on Conus, but you won't get them if your in a city or DMA that is covered by D* .

Why do you not want an installer ?

D* installs for free and will cover the cost of the dish and any multiswitches you would need vs you buying them outright, if you don't want D* coming out to do it, you can have Dishstore (Claude on site) do it and supply the parts for you.

D* installs for free and will cover the cost of the dish and any multiswitches you would need vs you buying them outright, if you don't want D* coming out to do it, you can have Dishstore (Claude on site) do it and supply the parts for you.
With the understanding that none of this applies if the OP is not physically located in the US.

According to his past posts, he is in Tampa. Of course he could have moved.

Anyway...lol, I am sure you have your reasons, but Id just let them install. Why pay for all of the equipment if you can get it for free?

Service address is not physical address. If they install it certainly would look strange to "move" right after an installation. That's why it seems less confusing for me to acquire, self install and then activate. Perhaps Dishstore might be an option?

Ron Tobin said:
Service address is not physical address. If they install it certainly would look strange to "move" right after an installation. That's why it seems less confusing for me to acquire, self install and then activate. Perhaps Dishstore might be an option?

I "moved" from the Birmingham DMA, which I can get on an AM21, to the Atlanta DMA the day after I was installed. DirecTv said nothing of it and acted as if they could care less.

I "moved" from the Birmingham DMA, which I can get on an AM21, to the Atlanta DMA the day after I was installed. DirecTv said nothing of it and acted as if they could care less.

Thanks. That's the info I was hoping to hear. Makes me feel a bit better.

I "moved" a week after install and moved back 10 months later to upgrade to HD. The day after I "moved" back to the "moved" address

I also moved within days of install. Moved back for a service call. Then moved again when he left.

If they know, they don't seem to care.

Good to know. Thanks guys. I now know which route to go and certainly will take advantage of the free install and eqt. Just need to decide what kind of deal I'm looking for as a returning customer. Will see what I can work out.

they don't seem to care.

as long as you pay your bill they dont care :)
(Dish is the same way honestly...lemme put it this way. If Dish activates a new account for me knowing full well I was a "mover"...heck there are threads in the Dish area with enough clues that a blind scooby doo could see that I was going to be a mover...and still did it shows as long as they get money they dont care )

I think if the DBS providers could, they would sell us all if the locals that we wanted and could get. It is the NAB, the FCC, and the TV stations that care and make a big deal about it.

I think if the DBS providers could, they would sell us all if the locals that we wanted and could get. It is the NAB, the FCC, and the TV stations that care and make a big deal about it.

I would like us to be able to get any of the cities in our own spotbeam, that would be one way to do it.
It wouldn't help those that want to time shift, but it's an interesting idea I think.

Actually in MY case, I could time shift as Chicago is in my Spotbeam while the rest are in the EST time zone.

Buy yourself a Receiver and Dish from ROXSAT then call to activate. Simple as that. But you're ripping yourself off paying for a dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts