Looking to go back to DirecTV - some questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Service address is not physical address.
According to the Customer Agreement, service address = physical address.
DIRECTV Customer Agreement said:
b) Contact Information. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete contact information about yourself, and maintain and promptly update your contact information to keep it true, accurate and complete. If you provide a cellular telephone number, you acknowledge and consent that we may call you on your cellular phone for business purposes, including collections calls.

Yeah, and many people dont with no problems.
Is it against the spirit of the agreement? Sure.
Does Directv care? Most likely not.

Or you can buy from Site Sponsors ... Dishstore (Claude here) or any others ....
Solid Signal while not a site sponsor, has done very well as well.

I hate SolidSignal, they gave me problems and canceled my order. I ordered from RoxSat and they shipped right away.

Gee I knew sooner or later harshness (who doesnt have DIrectv but seems to lurk here more than he does Dish) had to spew one of his favorite lines. The other being "self install is overrated"

Guess what? People "move" all the time. Oh and we're not the other site who will argue with you (and ban you) if you even talk about it.

I betcha he's one of them who narks on someone at the grocery store if they eat a grape while waiting in line :rolleyes:

ordered a couple antennas and a R22 from them...never had an issue

I had gotten a $120 Vanilla Visa Gift Card for my Birthday. I used it to place a order for a H24 with SolidSignal and in 24 hours they canceled my order. I called and they said they could not verify my billing address with the card, I explained to them that it is a gift card and the only thing I can associate with it is my zip code. They were very rude and said they can't accept the card then. I had to wait 14 days for my money to become available on the card again then I ordered one from RoxSat and they shipped it out the next morning without a problem.

I had gotten a $120 Vanilla Visa Gift Card for my Birthday. I used it to place a order for a H24 with SolidSignal and in 24 hours they canceled my order. I called and they said they could not verify my billing address with the card, I explained to them that it is a gift card and the only thing I can associate with it is my zip code. They were very rude and said they can't accept the card then. I had to wait 14 days for my money to become available on the card again then I ordered one from RoxSat and they shipped it out the next morning without a problem.

Sounds like the usual difference between a Credit Card and a Gift Card, one a line of credit assigned to you, the other an arbitrary amount of money someone purchased for you, with a Gift card you cannot go over the amount on the card or it won't go thru, a CC you have the amount up to the Credit level you agreed to.

They probably don't get gift cards much ...

Sounds like the usual difference between a Credit Card and a Gift Card, one a line of credit assigned to you, the other an arbitrary amount of money someone purchased for you, with a Gift card you cannot go over the amount on the card or it won't go thru, a CC you have the amount up to the Credit level you agreed to.

They probably don't get gift cards much ...

What does this have to do with Billing Address Verification? Both Credit and Debit cards have Billing Addresses associated with them, but "Gift" debit cards tend to only have a zip code if anything associated with them.

Gee I knew sooner or later harshness (who doesnt have DIrectv but seems to lurk here more than he does Dish) had to spew one of his favorite lines. The other being "self install is overrated"
Strangely, most DIRECTV customers don't have any idea what their Customer Agreement says.
Guess what? People "move" all the time. Oh and we're not the other site who will argue with you (and ban you) if you even talk about it.
That certainly makes it okay in this self-centered, all about me and what I want world.

If one were taking something without paying for it, I would have a problem with it.
In the case of moving, I am paying for locals. I just move to get them from another location. D* is still being compensated.

I believe that they know this, and understand, thus they dont really care.

If one were taking something without paying for it, I would have a problem with it.
In the case of moving, I am paying for locals. I just move to get them from another location. D* is still being compensated.

I believe that they know this, and understand, thus they dont really care.

exactly. And unlike Dish where they carry all the markets (in SD at least) DIrectv doesn't. SO there are folks who give MORE money to D* because they "moved" to an area that has locals (where their market doesnt). I think its $3 difference

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts