Looks like Austin TX HD locals are up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
itzelm said:
thanks. i went to antennaweb.org, entered my address and found some suggestions for uhf antennas. according to the site , this is what i can get

* yellow - uhf KLRU-DT 18.1 PBS AUSTIN TX 20° 11.4 22
* yellow - uhf KEYE-DT 42.1 CBS AUSTIN TX 16° 11.0 43
* yellow - uhf KVUE-DT 24.1 ABC AUSTIN TX 16° 11.0 33
* red - uhf KXAN-DT 36.1 NBC AUSTIN TX 16° 11.4 21
* blue - vhf KAKW-DT 62.1 UNI KILLEEN TX 344° 38.8 13
* blue - vhf KCWX-DT 2.1 CW FREDERICKSBURG TX TBD 261° 44.2 2
* violet - uhf KNVA-DT 54.1 CW AUSTIN TX 16° 11.4 49

I read on the site that the violet antenna is fairly large and that i would have to put it outdoors. i don't think that will be an option.

I'm mostly interested in the yellow and blue channels but want an indoor antenna only. any good suggestions for antennas?

At only 11 miles away from the antenna farm I would think a UHF indoor will work just fine. Go to BestBuy/Circuit City, some place where you can return it in case it doesn't work, and give it a shot.

Will do! I'll keep you posted. My husband is not to open to the idea of putting up an uhf antenna. But of course, he gets his NFL package in Hd and does not care about the other channels. I am a big PBS fan so it is a big deal for me. So, i'll put it up even if he does not want it.

This is good news but there is no reason to change to the HR20 untill all the HD locals are provided. I will still need an antenna so for now I will stay with my HD Tivo.
Please let us know when they add NBC HD and CW HD.

Hey RAD can you tell me if it allows the picture to be streched to fit the screen when the show is 4:3 on the mpeg 4 channels

ryanm86 said:
Hey RAD can you tell me if it allows the picture to be streched to fit the screen when the show is 4:3 on the mpeg 4 channels

Nope, not via the HR20, you get what the station sends out.

ryanm86 said:
This is good news but there is no reason to change to the HR20 untill all the HD locals are provided. I will still need an antenna so for now I will stay with my HD Tivo.
Please let us know when they add NBC HD and CW HD.
I wouldn't switch until they get the bugs worked out. As mentioned the image on 24 and 42 looks almost like you're watching a 8MM home movie, it isn't nice smooth motion. Watching the ticker on the bottom of 42's news last night you can see it jump around a bit. From what I've read this is something that happens in a lot of D* HD LIL cities.

Last edited:
Hi Rad,
I got a couple of indoor antenna to see which one works. I installed the cheapest one but the HD receiver does not recognize the antenna. i reset the receivere and nothing. when i go to setup/st & ant, the option for "Antenna Setup" is grayed out. how do i change the hd setups to recognize the ots antenna?

Thanks

rad said:
At only 11 miles away from the antenna farm I would think a UHF indoor will work just fine. Go to BestBuy/Circuit City, some place where you can return it in case it doesn't work, and give it a shot.

itzelm said:
Hi Rad,
I got a couple of indoor antenna to see which one works. I installed the cheapest one but the HD receiver does not recognize the antenna. i reset the receivere and nothing. when i go to setup/st & ant, the option for "Antenna Setup" is grayed out. how do i change the hd setups to recognize the ots antenna?

Thanks

In a prior post you said you had an H20, sure it's not a new HR20-700 DVR? If it's the HR20 the OTA ATSC tuner has not been avtivated in the software yet, the rumor mill says sometime in October. Until that happens then you're out of luck for over the air, sorry.

Thanks. Yes you are right. It is the hr20-700.

bummer! oh well, i'll wait until next month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts