Looks like my ku went poof on my 6 footer

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
I havent really watched much ku on my 6 footer lately except maybe RTV on 83 and just found out the other day that my ku isnt working at all now via DMX 741 LMB.been a little lazy plus the weather to find out whats wrong!but i will fairly soon by starting with changing out the reciever then checking the cables and last the 741 its self.I dont think its an alignment issue due to the fact im getting strong c reception in all c band satellites which also carry ku.

I'm also thinking that the 22k switch in the lmb isn't working.When i confirm this i will order another 741 and see if i can fix the bad one in my spare time.Who knows! when the weather warms up maybe it will start working again.This is going to be a warmer weather job due to the fact that it may take me awhile to find that sweet spot to get both ku and c to work at maximum efficiency.

If the switch is the only thing that's bad then you can bypass it and use an external 22Hz switch instead. The new NS741 LNBFs come with an external switch since they no longer have one mounted inside.

I have some extra switches if you need them... I believe you are down the street from me.

I also have a Superbuddy Turbo S2 Meter which I can bring over as well. :)

I have some extra switches if you need them... I believe you are down the street from me.

I also have a Superbuddy Turbo S2 Meter which I can bring over as well. :)
Thank you scott for the offer!My parents live close to you but i live in higganum ct.I wont be looking at fixing the problem for a few weeks yet! As you know winter seems to be sticking around for a little while yet.Been wanting to get a chance to meet you but so far no connection.Thanks again and i will keep you in mind.

Glad to hear you got it going.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)