Looks like they came down on the price of HBO with the addition of HBOmax

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sooooooooo ....
Tell us what is wrong with the HBOMAX ...
Your exactly who I was talking about ....
You BITCH about everything else they've done ....
That automatically means the new service is crap.

The service hasn't even been up and running for 48 hours and you've already buried it.

What did YOU want from this service that would have been to your STANDARDS ?

Btw, I haven't made my opinion of the service as I haven't had enough time to really look it over ...

I'm just tired of the old tried and true response, its So and So company, so it must be crap.

You don't have to sign up for it if you don't like it, its your CHOICE ....

Don't rip it if youv'e never used it.

As an HBO subscriber I have access to HBO Max, have I tried it? No, I have not yet. I’m not into streaming, but even I know Roku and Amazon Fire are the two big platforms. To not have those at launch is not acceptable. Next month I’m getting my first 4K TV, a Sony OLED running Android TV. I see there is an Android TV HBO Max app, but they have no 4K content. Considering HBO has some notable content in 4K and they are not making it available is another mistake. Not having Cinemax original series like Banshee is another negative.

The only reason you are defending AT&T is because they are your employer. A company as large as they are, with the resources they have should be able to launch a service that has been in the works as long as it has near perfectly. My standards are not relevant, they set the standards. They have a market cap of 220 billion and over a half a trillion in total assets. If I had standard set for AT&T, they would be really low. An ant would be able to jump over the bar. That company has done nothing to impress me and has been one massive disappointment in everything they do and touch.

Past history is what people form opinions on and everyone has a right to pre-judge HBO Max as crap based on AT&Ts past. AT&T needs to be broken up and destroyed, fact not opinion.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
As an HBO subscriber I have access to HBO Max, have I tried it? No, I have not yet. I’m not into streaming, but even I know Roku and Amazon Fire are the two big platforms. To not have those at launch is not acceptable. Next month I’m getting my first 4K TV, a Sony OLED running Android TV. I see there is an Android TV HBO Max app, but they have no 4K content. Considering HBO has some notable content in 4K and they are not making it available is another mistake. Not having Cinemax original series like Banshee is another negative.

The only reason you are defending AT&T is because they are your employer. A company as large as they are, with the resources they have should be able to launch a service that has been in the works as long as it has near perfectly. My standards are not relevant, they set the standards. They have a market cap of 220 billion and over a half a trillion in total assets. If I had standard set for AT&T, they would be really low. An ant would be able to jump over the bar. That company has done nothing to impress me and has been one massive disappointment in everything they do and touch.

Past history is what people form opinions on and everyone has a right to pre-judge HBO Max as crap based on AT&Ts past. AT&T needs to be broken up and destroyed, fact not opinion.
You said it, you havent used it ... and its already crap.
Once you TRY it ....

Oh never mind ...... and being my employer has NOTHING to do with it, Im just tired of people that come in and bitch about something they haven't even used.

I didn't know that they have no 4k content .... thats bad ...
Any word on why or when that changes .... without giving me a "Its att " response.

Yes, it is available on the Android ran TV's thru the Google play store (on my Sony A8)
Even that was done at the last minute,the morning of, not weeks befre, so people could have it ready.

They should have waited till they had an agreement with Roku and Amazon, I'm gonna bet you use one or both ...
However, I'm sure they brought this out to early like they do with everything else.

Btw, I'm not complaining to you specifically, don't take this wrong...
Its those that don't try somethingand rip it anyways that I'm talking too.

The timing on the launch was announced all over the place and rumored well before that. So no, it wasn’t brought out early.

And on those devices it is available on, it works quite well. Good UI, lots of content above what HBO had though there are some holes in them here and there. All at the same price that you paid for HBO.

But it is fair to question that with all the time they’ve worked on it and the timeframe they’ve given, that they couldn’t come to terms with 2 of the biggest streaming platforms out there. Makes you wonder if they even thought about the issue of getting it on platforms until the last minute.

Stories I’ve read indicate some 4K is in the offing, but the HDPQ is so good I’m not all that humped up because it isn’t there yet.

Was this a perfect launch? No! But then again I can’t remember any perfect launches. Certainly not Disney+

Reactions: Jimbo
Was this a perfect launch? No! But then again I can’t remember any perfect launches. Certainly not Disney+

Disney was not perfect at launch but they had the problems fixed within the first week, they also were on most devices and tons of content in 4K.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Disney was not perfect at launch but they had the problems fixed within the first week, they also were on most devices and tons of content in 4K.

HBO Max actually launched with no actual issues other than communication about who/how would get it. A bit of confusion there for sure. But it all worked fine.

As to 4K, I believe ATT said it wouldn’t have 4K at launch, so that’s not yet a legitimate failure at launch as it wasn’t supposed to have it yet.

The single issue that I consider legitimate is the failure to get it on the two biggest streaming platforms. And I think that is because they assumed that wouldn’t be an issue and dawdled in making the pitch to get it on practically everything.

I think that issue will be fixed fairly soon but then again, ATT TV’s app isn’t on everything either, though it is on the bigger players. In the end, the issue is all about the Benjamin’s!

As to 4K, I believe ATT said it wouldn’t have 4K at launch, so that’s not yet a legitimate failure at launch as it wasn’t supposed to have it yet.

In today’s world it is a failure not to be able to do 4K, Netflix has been doing it for almost 7-8 years and now the vast majority of it’s original content is in 4K.

Heck, the newer movies on HBO are in 4K on services like Vudu and itunes, it is not like they would need to do a new transfer.

Reactions: longhorn23
In today’s world it is a failure not to be able to do 4K, Netflix has been doing it for almost 7-8 years and now the vast majority of it’s original content is in 4K.

Heck, the newer movies on HBO are in 4K on services like Vudu and itunes, it is not like they would need to do a new transfer.

So Hulu is a failure? And the vast majority of streaming apps/services don’t do 4K. I’m not sure that the vast majority of Netflix’s originals are in 4K though plenty are.

All that said, while 4K is great, all too many shows/movies don’t really benefit much from it compared to good upscaling of 1080 material IMO. And frankly with bandwidth caps from many ISP’s I have to be careful how much 4K stuff I stream.

So Hulu is a failure?

I’m not sure that the vast majority of Netflix’s originals are in 4K though plenty are.

All that said, while 4K is great, all too many shows/movies don’t really benefit much from it compared to good upscaling of 1080 material IMO. And frankly with bandwidth caps from many ISP’s I have to be careful how much 4K stuff I stream.

But a lot do, for example we watch The Blacklist, but we wait until it is on Netflix because it is in 4K, it look so much better, same for Better Call Saul.

As far as Data Caps go, the two biggest broadband providers don’t have them ( kinda) Charter ( because of the Government) and Comcast (xFi advantage which is $15 but includes the modem rental).

Reactions: harshness

But a lot do, for example we watch The Blacklist, but we wait until it is on Netflix because it is in 4K, it look so much better, same for Better Call Saul.

As far as Data Caps go, the two biggest broadband providers don’t have them ( kinda) Charter ( because of the Government) and Comcast (xFi advantage which is $15 but includes the modem rental).

Actually hadn’t noticed any appreciable 4K content on Hulu, but I’ll stand corrected.

I watch current series as they occur though I have watched a few on Netflix the next year, which is when they show up. Both shows you mention do look better in 4K, but the difference is so slight to my eyes that it isn’t a real consideration. There are some that really benefit, but in general, TV shows aren’t them IMO, of course.

And while the two biggest broadband providers don’t have bandwidth caps, they also aren’t in a lot of places. There are plenty of ISP’s that do have bandwidth caps and extra fees if you exceed them, pretty hefty fees too.

Spent some time over the weekend with HBO Max, and boy was it a suckfest. What an awful, terrible service, not a real shocker since it's from the worst company on the planet, AT&T. Absolutely terrible, unorganized UI, the layout makes no sense. Watched a the first few episodes of Big Bang Theory, and it was so grainy. I don't remember the early seasons looking that terrible in syndication on TBS or other channels. I'll probably never use it again. Looks like I didn't have to try it to know it's crap, always have low expectations with AT&T. They never cease to disappoint.

Yep, still digging. Found bits and pieces here and there, original content lists, references to Criterion Collection, though no definitive list, etc.

Just thought I'd see if anyone had already stumbled on an exhaustive list, instead of just snark.

NPR had a piece on it and the review noted you get HBO Max for HBO and the old stuff, not for the newer material for HBO Max.

Spent some time over the weekend with HBO Max, and boy was it a suckfest. What an awful, terrible service, not a real shocker since it's from the worst company on the planet, AT&T. Absolutely terrible, unorganized UI, the layout makes no sense. Watched a the first few episodes of Big Bang Theory, and it was so grainy. I don't remember the early seasons looking that terrible in syndication on TBS or other channels. I'll probably never use it again. Looks like I didn't have to try it to know it's crap, always have low expectations with AT&T. They never cease to disappoint.
Take this with a grain of salt, seeing the person has hated att since day 1.

Use your own judgement please.

Thanks for reminding me, I want to watch BBT Season 1.

Last edited:
Yep, the HBO Max service is just fine. PQ/AQ is as good or better than other streaming services. And considering that HBO Max costs the same as just HBO, it is a relative bargain if you thing HBO is something you value.

AT&T is already pulling some DC content from HBO Max, weeks after the service launched.

They will be rotating programming in and out.

DC is owned by Warner Media, who is owned by AT&T who owns HBO Max. This is nothing but a stunt to drive up demand, similar to when Disney used to put their moves 'back into the vault'. AT&T is evil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)