Status
Not open for further replies.

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
Just a comment and a question. I am having a really difficult time loading all of the information on the site. It takes forever to load all of the "flash" stuff, if thats the word for all of it. Is this my problem, or is anyone else having trouble with the moving stuff too? It all looks great when it all loads and gets moving, but when I try to go to another area, my bouncing beach ball, (I have a mac) just keeps rolling, and rolling and rolling.
Any comments?

You were probably on when the backup was running. :)

Sometimes the backup does bog down the system especially when it is a full backup as it is on Wednesday morning.

Ok how is it now?

The only real fix is to do a Kernal upgrade on the OS and I don't how to do that, that is a LER issue. :)

Helped for awhile, but now slowing down again.

Might have something to do with this:
Most users ever online was 2,182, Today at 01:33 PM.

I am still working on this and have been all day. :)

LER helped out and we can switch Kernals now with just a reboot.

I also made numerous mysql changes as well which might help things. :)

What a difference...........!!!!!!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am still working on this and have been all day. :)

LER helped out and we can switch Kernals now with just a reboot.

I also made numerous mysql changes as well which might help things. :)

I see that the scroll is not active. Maybe this was making the pages load so slow? Anyway, everything is screaming now. Thanks for the changes. Now I can catch the latest skinny before I have to leave for work. I check this every morning. Also, thanks for the work you guys have done on the site. I do go the "other" site periodically, but I think of this one as my "Home". Nice job!
Lyle

We upgraded the Kernal of our OS plus made numerous other enhancements to the server yesterday to deal with some of the issues we had. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Bob check your clock on your computer. Also if thats correct check your time settings in the usercp.

I had somehow moved to eastern europe:(

wonder what LILs I was entitled to there?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)