Loop Out Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
When the master STB is off does it pass LNB and Diseqc functions to the slave using loop out on the master.

Master will be Visionsat IV-200 PVR Plus, Slave will be Pansat 2700.

Can someone shed light on this :confused:

Last edited:
Not when the master is OFF, but when the master is in STANDBY mode , that is the functioning. When the master is OFF, there is no passthru at all. There are some stb's that don't work well at all as a master, their loop out connector is not well isolated ( like my CS8000's ), but I believe that the Visionsat works the way that it should.
:)

Cool... I hope to get the Visionsat channels scanned in this weekend and put it in place of my Pansat. Then use the Pansat for music channels and other things. Want to start playing with the PVR on the Visionsat too.

Too many boxes, too many wires :eek:

I currently have one of my Visionsats slaved to the other, and the master is connected to a 4 x 1 DiSEqC switch. Both receivers perform correctly, regardless of whether or not the master is on or in standby. I'm using a bandstacked C-Band LNBF on NASA, so polarity is not an issue.

I have a 4x1 DiSEqc hooked to the Visionsat. I will loop the Pansat 2700 to it. Now what your saying is I could run one LNBF on one receiver and another on the other while both in use correct?

I currently have one of my Visionsats slaved to the other, and the master is connected to a 4 x 1 DiSEqC switch. Both receivers perform correctly, regardless of whether or not the master is on or in standby. I'm using a bandstacked C-Band LNBF on NASA, so polarity is not an issue.

That's the advantage of a band-stacked lnbf, in a slaved configuration. Best reason I know of to buy one.

TVROPro, the slave receiver will not be able to select a different LNB from the one the master is using unless the master is in standby.

TVROPro, the slave receiver will not be able to select a different LNB from the one the master is using unless the master is in standby.

Ok if it's in standby it's bypassing the master, but on it feeds the current master LNBF/Diseqc settings to the slave.

On the subject of loop outs -
I would like to try it so the wife can also get Olympic coverage on her TV.

I am motorized but won't be moving anything until after they are done.

So do I go from dish to Visionsat (her TV), then loop out to the MercII (my TV, also the motor controller) and if I have read correctly in other threads, we should be able to watch channels of the same polarity on both sets? I'd loop out of the MercII, but hers is closer to dish.
And if I decide to leave things hooked this way, will I be able to control the motor from the MercII going through the Visionsat?

Ok if it's in standby it's bypassing the master, but on it feeds the current master LNBF/Diseqc settings to the slave.

Correct... If the master is on, the slave will have to use the same LNB (and polarity, unless you're using a bandstacked LNB).

On the subject of loop outs -
I would like to try it so the wife can also get Olympic coverage on her TV.

I am motorized but won't be moving anything until after they are done.

So do I go from dish to Visionsat (her TV), then loop out to the MercII (my TV, also the motor controller) and if I have read correctly in other threads, we should be able to watch channels of the same polarity on both sets? I'd loop out of the MercII, but hers is closer to dish.
And if I decide to leave things hooked this way, will I be able to control the motor from the MercII going through the Visionsat?

Using two Visionsats (one as master and the other as slave), the slave can control the motor and switch with no issues when the master is in standby. I assume that will probably work with the MercII as well...

"Using two Visionsats (one as master and the other as slave), the slave can control the motor and switch with no issues when the master is in standby. I assume that will probably work with the MercII as well... "

The Merc II works the same way. A solid little receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)