Loosing NY HD feeds next month

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got the same call. I currently have just CBS and NBC, as my market's CBS and NBC providers are not carried on D* in HD (Nexstar doesn't want to play ball). If I lose those two before WYOU and WBRE are up, I'll be yelling very loudly.

The bright side is that there may be some new national programming in the vacated space.

I fully expected that they would wait until they had the DNS channels up on CONUS Ka before they shut the Ku versions down.

Is this in relation to the MPEG 4 migration where the East Coast HD DNS will be mapped just prior to the SD DNS channel? For example- 380 CBS NY HD and 380 CBS NY. Or does this have to do with newly served local markets or do you folks not have MPEG 4 equipment at this time?

Is this in relation to the MPEG 4 migration where the East Coast HD DNS will be mapped just prior to the SD DNS channel? For example- 380 CBS NY HD and 380 CBS NY. Or does this have to do with newly served local markets or do you folks not have MPEG 4 equipment at this time?

I haven't seen anything about the NYC HD DNS folks being notified that they need to upgrade to MPEG4 hardware. IMHO they're just doing some housecleaning to make sure that they don't end up being dragged into court like another DBS company.

Ahhh...gotcha. I'm in an unserved market so I just wanted to make sure I'll still have CBS & FOX in HD come this NFL Season. To be honest, I really don't want to have locals. I have an antenna so I can pick up NBC and PBS in HD. I also get ABC in SD, but since it's SD, I hardly ever watch it. I've played by the rules, use my physical address, qualified for waivers, but the day I have CBS and FOX in HD out of NYC yanked away is the first step in my departure from DIRECTV.

I haven't gotton this phone call yet. So I guess I'll keep an eye out for it . I also have Channel 80 and 82. This will suck if I lose these. I like having a couple NY feeds. If cable can have them why can't satellite?

I haven't gotton this phone call yet. So I guess I'll keep an eye out for it . I also have Channel 80 and 82. This will suck if I lose these. I like having a couple NY feeds. If cable can have them why can't satellite?

You already know the answer to your question.

Cable has a different set of rules that they are allowed to play by.

Jimbo

I got the call today, too. I thought that since my local NBC is O & O, I wouldn't lose WNBC hd. I guess not!

I haven't got the call yet but, do receive CBS on channel 80. Apparently my local CBS is owned by the NY feed because, I also get my local CBS in HD as well from satellite.

2 CBS's are better than 1 I guess.

I have had the DNS locals since the USSB/Directv days. I received the HD feeds for NY and LA when they went live. The LA HD was removed some time ago. I am also served by the WashDC/Hagerstown locals in MPEG 4 HD. I really hate to loose the NY HD. For the time being I can keep the standard def feeds on 380-389 minus the PBS feed.

Guess I'll be getting the call also, which really sucks!
I've had the NY feeds for years.....................oh well, if it happens, time to look into HD only package from E*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)