Los Angeles is now one step closer to bringing back the NFL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Shouldn't take you more than 2-3 hours to get there...:D

Sandra
:p

Seriously, I can rid my bicycle and get there in less than 20 minutes.

By car it takes about 5 minutes. I live right off of Temple. I take Temple to Valley and I am there. I don't need to get on the freeway. It would take longer even with no traffic at all to take the freeway.

Poking around I don't see anything about how the stadium is paid for, so not sure where all the 'omg the state is bankrupt' stuff is coming from, please post a link about how much the state is shelling out, otherwise, this is a good thing unless you're complaining about the environment (noise and light pollution :rolleyes:).

The developers claim that the stadium will create 6,700 permanent full time jobs and bring $762 million to the Los Angeles County economy each year.

Here's a rendering of their proposed stadium....

untitleda.jpg

That's a mighty fine stadium, too bad there are so many seats that will end up empty!!

I am going there right now to get some Chick-Fil-a. I will take a picture of the hill (the hill will be carved out and the stadium will go in the carved out bowl) and area where the stadium will be built.

It is not the Coliseum nor that crappy Anaheim Stadium (back when it was a combo stadium).

But that doesn't still prove that LA and the surrounding area will support a Football Team . I'm all for it if it works but I hope people aren't buying the jobs and money thing . That BS is always used but it's not always the case.

:p

Seriously, I can rid my bicycle and get there in less than 20 minutes.

By car it takes about 5 minutes. I live right off of Temple. I take Temple to Valley and I am there. I don't need to get on the freeway. It would take longer even with no traffic at all to take the freeway.

I can ride my bike with no handle bars.... No Handle bars...

Nice Stadium. Any team that comes will have to deal with 100,000 gangbangers wearing Raiders jerseys hounding them.

What I said that got deleted was, that if they make the team colors Silver and Black, and lower the cost of seats, they might fill the stadium...... and it's true!

How is that starting a fight?

See Firebirds post......you have no idea what it's like out here Ramy.....

But that doesn't still prove that LA and the surrounding area will support a Football Team . I'm all for it if it works but I hope people aren't buying the jobs and money thing . That BS is always used but it's not always the case.
This area is more centrally located. It is right in the center to Orange Count, the Inland Empire, and Los Angeles. Plus you have rapid transportation already located there. I think with 1 football team that they/we can claim as their/our own, support would be great.

Yeah, but it's still LA.......
You mean it is still SoCal.

The Chargers are supported in SD and the Raiders were supported in LA (just the Coliseum sucked and sellouts were over 100k fans). Rams were always an OC team and nobody cared when they left.

Trust me when I say there are more Raiders fans down here than in Oakland. They now just were Dodgers blue and Lakers gold

You mean it is still SoCal.

The Chargers are supported in SD and the Raiders were supported in LA (just the Coliseum sucked and sellouts were over 100k fans). Rams were always an OC team and nobody cared when they left.

Trust me when I say there are more Raiders fans down here than in Oakland. They now just were Dodgers blue and Lakers gold

That was my point in the post that got deleted...

Here are some photos I took of the site for the stadium from my phone through my care window while driving, so they are not the best.

The last one was cool because there was a group of about 5 female deer grazing on the grass where the stadium will be going. For some reason they look like horse in the photo

Attachments

• IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 114
Here are some photos I took of the site for the stadium from my phone through my care window while driving, so they are not the best.

The last one was cool because there was a group of about 5 female deer grazing on the grass where the stadium will be going.

Oh great! Run the last of the wildlife out of "SoCal"!!! j/k

Is that hill the back of the berm where that huge section will be?

Also, do you really think a team will move, or is there a possibility of expansion?

If it were a decent team...I'd give them a chance. We have a metrolink hub here in Anaheim. we could avoid driving at all! It's be nice. The Raiders, the Broncos and the Packers have the largest fanbases in L.A. Two of those teams aren't going anywhere ever. The other was here before and violence at the stadium chased off average fans, not to mention their owner is an ass. The Chargers are building a strong fanbase in SD...so i can't see them running up here, especially after all the taunts they got during practice at the Home Depot center a few years ago from Raiders fans.

The Vikings could work. That actually might be interesting....

I am so stoked.

Skiing in those mountains on a Saturday and catching a football game on a Sunday

Attachments

• Stadium3.jpg
    Stadium3.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 208
Oh great! Run the last of the wildlife out of "SoCal"!!! j/k

Is that hill the back of the berm where that huge section will be?

Also, do you really think a team will move, or is there a possibility of expansion?
More than likely we will get an existing team, probably the Chargers.

The hill pic is from the the north side facing Walnut. In the image in the post above it is on the left side of the hill near those large industrial buildings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)