Los Angeles is now one step closer to bringing back the NFL

If it were a decent team...I'd give them a chance. We have a metrolink hub here in Anaheim. we could avoid driving at all! It's be nice. The Raiders, the Broncos and the Packers have the largest fanbases in L.A. Two of those teams aren't going anywhere ever. The other was here before and violence at the stadium chased off average fans, not to mention their owner is an ass. The Chargers are building a strong fanbase in SD...so i can't see them running up here, especially after all the taunts they got during practice at the Home Depot center a few years ago from Raiders fans.

The Vikings could work. That actually might be interesting....

I would call Jacksonville the ,ost likely candidate. They never sell out.

i'd support this team, but they wouldn't be as close in my heart as the Packers

What I said that got deleted was, that if they make the team colors Silver and Black, and lower the cost of seats, they might fill the stadium...... and it's true!

How is that starting a fight?

See Firebirds post......you have no idea what it's like out here Ramy.....

It was just the way you said it though. What this post says is fine now.

Did a trip odometer check when I went to get lunch and it is exactly 3.6 miles from my house on surface streets and 4.7 miles on freeway.

I pray and hope the NFL put's an expansion team there and NOT the lousy, stinkin, crappy, sorry excuse for a football team Raiders there. The NFL is talking about 2 new teams in 2 years and the cities contending are L.A., Las Vegas, Oklahoma and Portland. We will have to wait and see.

I wonder if they will be considered a California team name or a L.A. Team Name?
More than likely it will be LA __________. Local marketability always brings more than state marketability. That is why the Angels changed from CA Angels to Anaheim to LA.

I pray and hope the NFL put's an expansion team there and NOT the lousy, stinkin, crappy, sorry excuse for a football team Raiders there. The NFL is talking about 2 new teams in 2 years and the cities contending are L.A., Las Vegas, Oklahoma and Portland. We will have to wait and see.

I think expansion will be a problem. 32 teams works very well with the way the divisions are and schedules work right now. I don't see how they will handle the logistics if there are expansion teams.

They have plans grander than simple expansion, they're talking about bringing a permanent team to London.

The way scheduling is done is so perfect right now though, I am kinda dreading expansion unless it means bringing a team to Vegas that I can root on as it makes the Raiders current disparity look like success in comparison.

Vegas also doesn't have a stadium, there have been proposals, but most require too much money or are in congested areas. I'm hopeful, but don't have expectations of a nice staidum in Vegas anytime soon. Then there's the gambling thing, which isn't even as big a deal as it's made out to be. Gambling is done all over the country, Vegas is just one of the places where it's well regulated.

IMHO,

Money. This is insane. The California governments claim to be, and probably are, broke. Further, it seems to me that while places like Nashville or Jacksonville are willing to make crazy stadium deals because they want to be "big league cities" but it seems that the largest cities have avoided this.

NFL Expansion. Crazy. It has enough teams as it is.

Moves. The NFL has failed in Jacksonville. It is time to admit defeat and move.

They have plans grander than simple expansion, they're talking about bringing a permanent team to London.

The way scheduling is done is so perfect right now though, I am kinda dreading expansion unless it means bringing a team to Vegas that I can root on as it makes the Raiders current disparity look like success in comparison.

Vegas also doesn't have a stadium, there have been proposals, but most require too much money or are in congested areas. I'm hopeful, but don't have expectations of a nice staidum in Vegas anytime soon. Then there's the gambling thing, which isn't even as big a deal as it's made out to be. Gambling is done all over the country, Vegas is just one of the places where it's well regulated.

Vegas would be cool but unfortunately with only about 1.8M in their metro area (558,383 city), a low average income, is in a HUGE slump having had job decreases by nearly 20% since 2008; it may not be very wise. This city was booming while the economy was red hot, but it has cooled.

Last edited:
Vegas would be cool but unfortunately with only about 1.8M in their metro area (558,383 city), a low average income, is in a HUGE slump having had job decreases by nearly 20% since 2008; it may not be very wise. This city was booming while the economy was red hot, but it has cooled.

Charper...dude, how ya been??!! GREAT to see ya!! Disappointed I have not heard from you on Raider related issues...

Hey Salsa; real good and you?

I have been real busy and the board was taking a turn for the worse as far as comments, baiting, sniping and such. So I stick to well selected topics. Speaking of which the Raiders sure aren't a good topic. Davis needs to move on!

What's been going on with you?

Some of you are suggesting that Jacksonville be the team that is relocated to L.A. Two questions on that....

If Florida doesn't deserve three NFL franchises, how does California?

The NFL in L.A. hasn't worked before. What makes them think it will work now?

Woops. Then why they hell do they deserve FOUR?! :D
Because it is bigger than most of the east coast states combined.

And it is comprised of more than 1/3 of the total US population, half of which resides in the area without a football team (LA metro - over 17 million people).

Because it is bigger than most of the east coast states combined.

And it is comprised of more than 1/3 of the total US population, half of which resides in the area without a football team (LA metro - over 17 million people).

Which brings me to my second question which no one has been able to answer. Professional football has been in L.A. before and has failed miserably. What makes them think it will succeed now?

Which brings me to my second question which no one has been able to answer. Professional football has been in L.A. before and has failed miserably. What makes them think it will succeed now?
I already did address it in this thread 3 times.
It is not the Coliseum nor that crappy Anaheim Stadium (back when it was a combo stadium).

This area is more centrally located. It is right in the center to Orange Count, the Inland Empire, and Los Angeles. Plus you have rapid transportation already located there. I think with 1 football team that they/we can claim as their/our own, support would be great.

You mean it is still SoCal.

The Chargers are supported in SD and the Raiders were supported in LA (just the Coliseum sucked and sellouts were over 100k fans). Rams were always an OC team and nobody cared when they left.

Trust me when I say there are more Raiders fans down here than in Oakland. They now just were Dodgers blue and Lakers gold
And there is one team this time, instead of 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts