Los Angeles is now one step closer to bringing back the NFL

Because it is bigger than most of the east coast states combined.

And it is comprised of more than 1/3 of the total US population,
Try 1/10th. California has about 36 mil, out of the total US population of 300+ mill.

As for most of the East Coast States combined, just Florida and New York together are 37+ mil.

Try 1/10th. California has about 36 mil, out of the total US population of 300+ mill.
Early...Just woke up. You are correct
As for most of the East Coast States combined, just Florida and New York together are 37+ mil.
I was talking about geographic size. If you want to talk about population size, my point still stands. You just picked the two largest populous states, which is why I said "most", not "all". If you take the population of most of the other states, CA still has a larger population.

I was talking about geographic size.
Okay, then. How about Texas which is bigger but only has 2 teams? Shouldn't they then get one before California. Or even Alaska?

The problem with LA, is that any NFL team will be overshadowed by USC.

also, California is nowhere near 1/3 the size of the U.S. in area either. It's only 4.3% of the U.S. total area.

Last edited:

So Cali is underrepresented. By that measure, Cali should have 6 teams, since NY and FLA have 3 teams each. :)

So how much is California/taxpayers paying for this stadium, since articles about it seem to omit that?

Edit: OK, Wikipedia says it is to be privately financed, so what is the cost to California that some of you are barking about?

So how much is California/taxpayers paying for this stadium, since articles about it seem to omit that?

Edit: OK, Wikipedia says it is to be privately financed, so what is the cost to California that some of you are barking about?
FREE luxury suites for Governor Schwarzenegger and his family, in exchange for favors.

As if the Governor or any other celebrity would have much of a problem being a guest at any luxury suite on any given sunday in any stadium? :rolleyes:

An incredible venue at the cost of some investors, why is there even a debate here?

Okay, then. How about Texas which is bigger but only has 2 teams? Shouldn't they then get one before California. Or even Alaska?

also, California is nowhere near 1/3 the size of the U.S. in area either. It's only 4.3% of the U.S. total area.

What about Kentucky? We have no professional sports. :(

Some of you are suggesting that Jacksonville be the team that is relocated to L.A. Two questions on that....

If Florida doesn't deserve three NFL franchises, how does California?

The NFL in L.A. hasn't worked before. What makes them think it will work now?

It's not a matter of deserving. It's the fact that Jacksonville is not supporting the team by buying tickets. That's what it boils down to.

As if the Governor or any other celebrity would have much of a problem being a guest at any luxury suite on any given sunday in any stadium? :rolleyes:

An incredible venue at the cost of some investors, why is there even a debate here?
Things are always done on a favor basis, like the old saying goes: you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. It's the way of Life here in California, especially in L.A..

Okay, then. How about Texas which is bigger but only has 2 teams? Shouldn't they then get one before California

There was talk about San Antonio getting a team when they hosted Saints games in 2005. The problem is that the Cowboys are HUGE all over Texas. The Cowboys marketing in their early days was brilliant. They gave away radio rights all over the Southwest and Mexico and built a huge fan base in doing so. San Antonio is full of very loyal Cowboy fans.

Things are always done on a favor basis, like the old saying goes: you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. It's the way of Life here in California, especially in L.A..

Benefits to the economy from both the construction project and dividends once it is a legit venue > old people sitting in a box above the field.

So is that the only reason not to do this now, because of bribes and favors that are believed to happen? :rolleyes:

I never said they were.

Governator signed the bill today making the project exempt to the environmental lawsuites aimed to stop/modify it.

"This is the best kind of action state government can create: action that cuts red tape, generates jobs, is environmentally friendly and brings a continued economic boost to California," Schwarzenegger said. "This legislation allows us to move forward with the construction of the nation's greenest football stadium and create thousands of jobs."

Edit: ah, i see he signed it last week, today was just the press conference in Industry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)