Losing HD Absolute. Any suggestions?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This was posted over a week ago ... has anyone else heard any details about "another offer"?
What I was told is that if Dish can reduce the number of HD Absolute customers to below a certain number (not spec'd), that the programmers would "look the other way".

What I was told is that if Dish can reduce the number of HD Absolute customers to below a certain number (not spec'd), that the programmers would "look the other way".
You were told this by who? Not being able to have an all HD package is B.S. if they can keep Dish America.

I have what I want with AbsoluteHD and if I want to keep what I want its going to cost me an extra $35 a month and then $50 a month after a year. That is more than doubling the price of my current service. Is that even legal?

Well... it was fun while it lasted. I bit the bullet and called.

I went to Latino Max $52.99 - $10/month for a year = $42.99, including free Platinum and Starz for a year.

They also eliminated the $5 "TV2 Connection fee" so I'm ending up about $8/month more, and slightly more than that when the annual price increase kicks in. I lose Versus but add BBC HD which I didn't get before, plus the SD version of Fox Soccer Channel and IFC, which I might watch. They also have given six PPV coupons valid for the next three months. For now I'm going to put my Netflix account on hold to save a bit.

I'll reevaluate in the summer.

I went to Latino Max $52.99 - $10/month for a year = $42.99, including free Platinum and Starz for a year.

They also eliminated the $5 "TV2 Connection fee" so I'm ending up about $8/month more, and slightly more than that when the annual price increase kicks in. I lose Versus but add BBC HD which I didn't get before, plus the SD version of Fox Soccer Channel and IFC, which I might watch. They also have given six PPV coupons valid for the next three months. For now I'm going to put my Netflix account on hold to save a bit.

You should be getting FSC in HD.

It's basically $5 after the rate increase. :( They claim to be the lowest TV provider, but after fees it seems D* wins on say 3+ Tvs. You also need to get on the highest pack to get some popular channels. In addition, D* has some platinum channels in the base pack. I wish the GUI/receivers were not so good. If D* stepped up their game I'm sure a lot more people would leave.

It's basically $5 after the rate increase. :( They claim to be the lowest TV provider, but after fees it seems D* wins on say 3+ Tvs. You also need to get on the highest pack to get some popular channels. In addition, D* has some platinum channels in the base pack. I wish the GUI/receivers were not so good. If D* stepped up their game I'm sure a lot more people would leave.

I agree about the fees. The low price of the absolute package is the only thing that is giving dish the edge over direct with me. I have 4 televisions, 2 dual dvrs, absolute package with HBO. If dish pulls the plug on absolute, I can go with direct and pick up some channels I would like to have but do not get in the absolute package. A quick look at the current offer I believe that with direct I would save money the first year and be about the same in the second year compared to my current package. If dish kills absolute and raises my package 20 - 30 dollars a month it will make the decision to switch easy. It is ridiculous that my fees cost almost as much as my programming.

the "other offer" part was not a joke thats what the rep told me
But i did do a follow up chat the next week and they said there was never any such thing
I will be most likely switching to Direct TV now

Well I waited for as long as I thought would be ok. I was not willing to see what DISH was going to switch me to. :( I now have the Welcome pachage without locals-my locals FTA are great, I added Starz and Encore so the $9.99+$13.00+$5.00 come to $27.99. I know I get a lot less of HD chanels but I do get more movies :) and save $2.00 a month. :up
If they ever ofter another package like they did with Absolute I'll switch to it, but for now, I'm not going to give them any more money than I have to.

Well I waited for as long as I thought would be ok. I was not willing to see what DISH was going to switch me to. :( I now have the Welcome pachage without locals-my locals FTA are great, I added Starz and Encore so the $9.99+$13.00+$5.00 come to $27.99. I know I get a lot less of HD chanels but I do get more movies :) and save $2.00 a month. :up
If they ever ofter another package like they did with Absolute I'll switch to it, but for now, I'm not going to give them any more money than I have to.

I think you meant OTA (over the air). FTA is sat on C/Ku bands.

You are paying for Starz?

Here is the comparison: $28.32 vs. $29.99
DirecTV Choice Extra vs Dishnetwork HD Absolute

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)