Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
First of week,G1 was irrattic for a while around 7 am,then a little later it was ok. Quick check on C3 and W5 and they seemed ok and system was ok rest of week untill This morning at about 7 am G1 was acting up bad and going blank(no dc lite)but only for 2 or 3 sec. Checked C3 and it was a little pixie and W5 was only a very little pixie. Hour and half later all was well again. The LNB is only 2 weeks old and has a cover on it. I am 50 miles from Houston Tx,have there been any kind of interferences reported. It was foggy this morning,but has been all week.
Thanks for any help.
How does Wildblue compare to Hughes? I now have direct net thru Earthlink,but have too little of bandwith.(only 200K per day) Hughes offers better options than Earthlink. Am trying to decide what to do.
John

I’ve had no problems with G1 here in Iowa , I have noted that digital channels for Showtime and Cinemax can be hard to receive. In my case it was channels 133 and up for Cinemax, I needed to adjust dish position to fix that so instead just put up a dish dedicated to movies on G1.
If it working now it could have been affected by the weather since some of G1 channels are not very strong and probably only a good digital LNB would fix the problem.
About Wildblue, I had them until last November and the only problem was a damaged buried cable. From reading other forums about Wildblue it really seems to comes down to who installs the equipment, in my case it was the local phone company. They both will limit you on how much you can download.

Last edited:
My G1 hasn't gone out but it gets lower sometimes . My signal can be in the 80's for HBo and max, or it can go down to ab out 60%

The only reason that the HBO & Cinemax master channels are harder to receive is because they are running 7/8 FEC. This allows HBO to use more bits towards the picture for better resolution. But takes away from error correction. So if your dish and alignment isn't up to snuff you will have problems. A properly tuned 10 foot dish should never have an issue on these channels. G1 (G-15) is not weaker. I have seen my HBO's as high as 99 quality.

Thanks everybody for comeback, Since last Sat when I had the trouble,everything is working good. Remember that when I had the trouble Saturday, G1 was not the only sat that was acting up(but it was the worst) Naturally at the time I tried tuning in and that made no difference. I get G1 between 60 and 70 quality. In the past I got as low as 40 to 50 ,but under normal conditions I get very good reception from 40 to 70. That morning it was foggy and wet,but no wetter that durning a rain. It seems that normally the worse the weather,the better the picture. Thats the reason I thought maybe there was some other kind of interfearance besides my equipment.
For a little more money I can get the internet from 500Kb and 200K download(earthlink) to 2 megb and 400 K download(Hughes) Since earthlink uses Hughes,looks like they arnt worring about keeping customers. Since I have had this E mail address for 10 years ,it will be a pain changing it,but a few more weekends of my wife over running thr 200 on her book down load,(it cuts me down to 1/2 slower than regular phone speed.),I may bite the bullit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts