Loss of Even Numbered 119 Transponders

JKElect said:
The Dish repair guy came yesterday. He did not hesitate, he changed the DPP Twin LNB. He said he has been changing a few of these lately due to high temp failure. I will see how it operates after it has been baking in the sun for a few days. After he put the new LNB on I was able to get all channels and connect to Customer Service, which I have not been able to get for a couple weeks. It does look like in my case it was the LNB.

I told you. :D

To many have failed on my and my moms account in the last month. I don't think that the dish pro plus twin is used to the high hot summer temperatures this year.

"I don't think that the dish pro plus twin is used to the high hot summer temperatures this year."

Maybe they should test them in the desert before they can start shipping the next batch.:)

Stargazer said:
What particular channels are you guys losing on 119? One person reports FOOD, The Weather Channel, GAMESHOW Network out during the day, comes back in during the night. Are you guys seeing the same channels going out. These channels that are going out are on the same transponder when the error message comes up.

I am having the problem on my 508 and not on my 522. I am loosing even TP on 119. I know that Food Network is one of the affected channels.

We are losing the entire 119 programming at least twice a day on our Super Dish. When we take the cover off it comes back. Incidentally, there were 4 hornet nests and an ant nest in there, too.

What is an LNB? Can a customer replace it?

I have a hard time swallowing the fact that Dish Network says we have to pay $100 for a service call on equipment that we don't own!

Last edited:
I just had someone from Dish come by today. They replaced my LNB and everything is working fine now.

MJJBMommy -- The LNB is an easy replacement.

The lnb are those eyes that picks up the signal off of the reflector (dish). The oval SuperDish has three of these. The Dish 500's have two of these (the twin lnbf's have two built in together and the switch is built right into the twin). The Dish 300's have only one eye and is the smallest dish.

If you want your signal to come back during the daytime on even transponders this time of year then you absolutely have to get the lnbf replaced. Some SuperDish lnbf's are covered for a free replacement and retailers are getting reimbursed some money for replacing them although sometimes its not enough to cover what a normal service call amount would be since they make the retailer pay the shipping to get the service call money.

I've been having the same problem these past few weeks on my two 522's. Called customer service multiple times. They always blame the cable, since it's not covered, while if it was the equipment, it would be covered.
I finally got to the supervisor, who said "no one else is reporting this issue, so it must be your equipment". Climbed my roof a couple of times, switching inputs and outputs around on my switch.

Were any of your fixes related to the switch overheating? or do I have to call them back now and report that there's at least 29 posts on the same issue I'm having (southern california, losing 119 evens, but only 8 and 10, it seems, and not the rest... since I get 119 transponder 2, 14, 16, and 18, IIRC) but it was the LNB.
Is something wrong with their transponder?

BTW, switching my three inputs around got me 'All' polarity.

What is and isn't covered by the equipment leasing agreement anyway?

What type of dish do you have bhchan? Is it a SuperDish? I even hear that some of the Dish1000's are going out now due to the heat. I have had issues with all three of the SuperDish eyes with overheating with different people. The main dish that experience these issues are the fiberglass/plastic ones that first came out. I do not see the problems in the metal ones as much if at all.

I just checked... I have a Superdish pointing at 110, 119, and 121 with two LNB's going to the 3-input,4-output DP34 (I guess that's what the '3' and the '4' in DP34 stands for). I didn't climb on my roof again, so can't tell if it's the plastic or the metal one. When I was up there the other day, I remember knocking against the ovoid and thinking "hmm, it sounds like plastic".
I have two 510's (a miscommunication back during installation got me the 510's instead of the 522's) and had a 811 and a 311. I've since returned the 811 and 311 (when I got rid of HD back when the whole metallic packages came out) and am waiting until affordable/free HD-DVR comes out.
In the meantime, I am subscribed to an annual international package and the AT60.
TLC (one of the household 'must haves') on 119, tp8 has been 'out' for the past 3 days now. The wife is quite upset about this, as having 'missing signal' also prevented the DVR from switching to other channels to tape our other shows.

How much they are/can/should charge me to switch the superdish with a dish1000? (I'm on their equipment rental program where I own nothing, I believe... but now they are saying some of the stuff, I do own...)
The supervisor I spoke with is reluctantly sending me a new DP34 to swap out myself (returning the old one to them) to see if that fixes things.
But if it's the LNB or the dish itself, I would like to avoid having to wait 5hrs for an installer to maybe come out to tell me the problem I have, then call whomever, wait more time, and still have no programming. My time is precious, but I'd rather be doing something proactive (like reinstalling switches and LNBs) than dealing with the 5 hour windows that they give.

Last edited:
I just replaced a 110 lnbf on a plastic SuperDish today. One receiver got transponder 11, the other nothing. Replacing it fixed the problem on both receivers.

TP8 is one of those transponders that was going out on a 119 lnbf I replaced a week ago on a plastic SuperDish. This caused GameShow, Food, and some other cahnnels on 119 to go out. They would return at night. It was overheating. Replacing that lnbf fixed the problem. Before long I am going to have a pile of bad lnbf's.

I am thinking that Dish Network will switch the dish out for you for free (to a Dish500 or Dish1000 depending on which satellite your locals are on in your area).

Namgalf said:
I have a 121 Superdish using an 811 and a 3700 (I think...not home right now to check) receiver with a DP34 switch. There is a clear line of sight to sats...Just recently, every once in awhile, I am losing the even number transponders on 119. Not sure of how much time elapses, but they eventually come back. Any ideas??? Thanks

Had the same problem a while ago on a dish 500 using two dual legacy LNBs with SW21s. Tried EVERYthing changed the SW21s, the two LNBs (swapped them 110 and 119), put in two new DPro dual LNBs and finally got it to work with a DishPro twin. That made me very curious and the bottom line was I cut off the ends of the RG6 and replaced them...then it worked on any LNB combo.

Must have been some water in the connector and just enough drop to kill the evne transponders. I have now run into this three times at different sites. All the RG6 connectors originally installed outside did not have silicone and therefore were susceptable to infiltration.

Bad Connector(s) at the DP34 Switch Outdoors

Began to experinece various channel loss over the last month. Also began to get intermittent Switch errors during Switch Check.

Examined the RG6 Cable connectors entering the DP34 monted on the outside of the house. Two connectors slid off the RG6 Cable(s) in may hand.

Replaced the connectors on the RG6 Cable(s) which resolved the problem.

Last edited:
LNB Overheating

I read through all of the replies in this thread. Lots of great suggestions. I tried the obvious fixes first--new SNS connectors on all my RG6 coax and checked all connections. But ultimately it came down to the LNBs. The Dish guy came out and changed out the 119 and 110 LNBs and I got all the channels back. He said it was pretty common here in Illinois this summer---the hot days took their toll on the LNBs. He also told me that some people were able to pour cold water on their LNBs and get them working just long enough to prove that the rest of the system was working. At one point, I think I was missing just about every channel on an even-numbered transponder! Now I'm back in business.:eureka

I just got a replacement 508 and I'm also having 119 errors with even number transponders. It seems to be on transponder 6. The odd thing is out of the three dish receivers I have, only the 508 has this issue, and if go into the setup to signal strength and pont to 119 and to transponder 6 it finds 119 with around 90% signal strenght but yet when I go to a channel that is on 119 and on transponder 6 it gives me an error messages with no signal. Any idea's on what the problem could be?

I had this problem a few weeks back and did move receivers and when I took the 508 into another room it had the same problem, but the 6000 that was sitting there had no issues. So Dish sent me another 508 around 3 weeks ago, and I'm having the same problem again. The channels that are affected are Fox News, and Food Network Channel and some others.

The three Dish receivers I have are 508, 211, and 6000.

Last edited:
Namgalf said:
I have a 121 Superdish using an 811 and a 3700 (I think...not home right now to check) receiver with a DP34 switch. There is a clear line of sight to sats...Just recently, every once in awhile, I am losing the even number transponders on 119. Not sure of how much time elapses, but they eventually come back. Any ideas??? Thanks
Hate to tell you this but good luck finding a 121SD LNB array..We can no longer get them..Our supplier(Echosphere Atlanta) no longer stocks them...

tnsprin said:
Cannot emphesis too much that usually is inferior cable not meant to carry the frequencies used to stack the 119 even signals used by DPP. Not all rg6 is meant to carry them.
excellent point.....1800mhz cable is inadequate..Dish has just issued its list oif approved accessories..They requuire that we now use 3000 mhz sweep tested ,UL listed coax..Actually 2250 mhz sweep tested is adequate.....
I don't think the original poster's problem not the cable though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts