Loss of Even Numbered 119 Transponders

MJJBMommy said:
We are losing the entire 119 programming at least twice a day on our Super Dish. When we take the cover off it comes back. Incidentally, there were 4 hornet nests and an ant nest in there, too.

What is an LNB? Can a customer replace it?

I have a hard time swallowing the fact that Dish Network says we have to pay $100 for a service call on equipment that we don't own!
The tech has to be compensated.Thta's what the $100 is for..If you had decided to particpate in the Dish Home Prtection Plan9$5.99/month) the trcuk roll fee would be just $29 and most hardware is covered except for acts of God or customer caused issues....Nothing personal here ..Where is it written that because it's tv anyone should get "free" service?..

I've replaced about a dozen 121 SDs in the last month that had polarity issues on either 110 or 119 (usually 119). I throw up D500s in their place. They seem to overheat less (unless ur talking DPP... then it's debatable). And yes, the LNBs are HOT to the touch. Often times I will find hornets nests in the shroud.

I can't be bothered with troubleshooting every job to find the exact cause on an intermittent problem like that. If I did so, I'd have 2+ TROUBLE CALLS (unpaid) on top of each initial service call. To make the customer happy (who wants to have a tech come out 3 times?) and to make ME happy, I swap the dish/lnb.

And besides, we don't carry SD LNB spares anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts