lost audio on RFD tv AMC1@103

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oldfoggie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 27, 2010
canada
the audio is gone from RFD tv on AMC1@103 was ok until yesterday, all numbers check with those listed on Lyngsat, picture is fine, did a blind scan, picked up RFD tv ok but still no audio, all the Ion channels are ok, I am using a Coolsat 5000, all other channels seem to be ok, anyone else having this problem

Everything is okay on my farm! Loud and clear! :)

Quality looks down a bit but no breakups.

Using Openbox S9, DSR922 for positioner, BSC621, 10' ChannelMaster BUD

I don't have any audio here either with a Traxis 4550. When I bring up the "info" display with my remote it says "No Audio" under the Audio PID. I edited the channel and programmed 256 for the audio PID and I still don't have any audio and the 256 doesn't show up. Are they only broadcasting AC3. Thanks

tnx guys, I suspected something like that took place, but with the Coolsat 5000, if you push the audio button it will usually say AC3 if it is AC3 but as of yet RFD tv still says stereo, I put in another Coolsat 5000 tonight and did a scan with the same results.

It looks like they went to AC3 audio ONLY a few days ago....time for 5.1 input capable stereo. I saw a thread on a 5.1 headset for about $20 on this forum a while back.

update, I found a Sony STR-K502P audio video receiver and it has optical input, and it works very good on AC3 signals on other channels but I still get no audio on RFD tv, as mentioned before, the Coolsat 5000 says AC3 when you push the green audio button on other AC3 audio channels but RFD tv comes up as stereo not AC3, I will try changing the audio pd and see if that makes any difference right now it is on whatever audio pd that it picked up on a blind scan

ok, what am I doing wrong, I tried audio pid's 256 and 257 but I still don't get any audio on RFD tv, I am getting audio on other AC3 audio channels, using the sony audio video amp but I miss RFDtv, when I do a blind scan it picks up audio pid 256 but no audio, are they doing something a little different than other ac3 channels

Is anyone successfully getting the audio on RFD with an AC3 decoder. Just curious before I scrounge one up. Thanks!

I have been setting up my Father in Laws FTA on C band on bird AMC 1 at 103.0W for years. It has been in the clear and still listed that way on LyngSat.com .Recently the sound has gone out and this last time I can't the sound to work. Any Hints out there!?

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking too. Was hoping somebody had an answer. Maybe nobody is having any success.

I noticed one of the audio PIDs was dead last time I watched (Friday morning). Switched to the other one that is AC3 and it is fine. Last scan maybe a week or so ago came up with one PID that has MPEG audio on the list first. Maybe I'll do a re-scan later, the dead one should be gone now and I suspect they have added another one (AC3)? I am using a Yamaha home theater system to decode the audio so it doesn't matter to me if they use Dolby or not and I don't expect the audio quality on RFD TV to be much different on dolby or mpeg.

On another note; is RFD-TV HD still available on 121w?

-C.

Did a re-scan. Two active AC3 channels , 256 and 257. 257 seems to be missing the left audio channel. 256 has both or may be 5.1, most programming here is stereo.
Too bad about 121w but didn't really watch it anyway watching the market report in the morning looks the same in SD or HD :)
-C.

no audio

Hi all,

I have a 10 ft BUD pointed at AMC1 and everything was working just right. But lately, I'm not able to get audio on RFD-TV. I do get audio on all the other transponder frequencies on that satellite. I've tried both the H and V polarizations to no avail. Any ideas?

--Marc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)