Lost Full HD Resolution!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jchildrs63

Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Cleveland MS
About a month ago we had a storm and received 5 inches of rain in two days. I went to bed with a perfect picture on my three Samsung TVs. The next morning I had lost some HD resolution on all TVs. Direct TV technicians have been out several times. They have run new cables, realigned the satellite and I have a new receiver box. If I go to Direct TV channel 125, which is broadcast in 1080p, I get full HD resolution. If I rent a movie from Direct TV Cinema that is in 1080p I get full HD resolution. But when I watch any of the regular HD channels, which are broadcast in 1080i or 720p, I do not receive full HD resolution. It is the same on all three TVs. It's like 1080p is working but 1080i and 720p is not. Direct TV says they have done all they can do and that it must be my TVs. I don't believe all 3 of my TVs went out at the same time. Don't know what to do next. Need help!!!

Reactions: Jvfan57
You can't lose resolution, the signal is all or nothing.

Lets start with a few thoughts:
- what is your signal strength on a couple satellites (settings, satellite) - 99ca and 103ca, we want to see 90%+. (a screen shot may be helpful)
- in settings, display, are you set to show HD channels and hide SD equivalent, or the other way around. Perhaps if you lost signal at some time the SD option was enabled to keep viewing.
- are you using a custom favorites list in guide, try viewing the channels from the all-channels option after you check the step I listed above (in case there are SD versions in a favorite list - unlikely but an idea)

If you have had all the techs out etc. I doubt this is your problem, but a month or two ago I noticed my picture was not HD anymore. Plus, none of my regularly scheduled series were recording. Finally figured out that somehow the DVR had switched to all the SD channels, and wasn't showing any of the HD versions. Realized this when I was trying to figure out why my favorites list was all screwed up. Rebooted, and everything worked right again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)