Lost my Savannah locals for good?

bantonb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 28, 2009
Florida
I just moved from Savannah, GA to Orlando, FL. In Savannah I had 61.5 and 72 and got my locals off 61.5. Yesterday, the Dish installer in Orlando put me on the Western Arc. I now have 129, 110, 119 and 118.

My wife is a big big Falcons fan so with that set up, there is no way we can get back the Savannah locals? She is even thinking of leaving Dish and go to Directv for the NFL season. Anyway the installer can put us back on the Eastern Arc and then when the NFL season is here we "move" back to Savannah so we get the locals?

If they are Conus, then using the same dish setup as in Ga. would work, you just need to "move" back. Problem would be if you need a service call, this would require "moving" to current address, then "moving" back again. Just keep in mind that they may be switched to spots at some point in the future.

You could add an extra dish looking at 61.5, it will easily add on to your western arc dish, and be able to "move back" to Savannah....

You could add an extra dish looking at 61.5, it will easily add on to your western arc dish, and be able to "move back" to Savannah....

How much would it cost to add another Dish? The house I am renting has a Directv dish already. Will that work?

Check your signal on transponder 16 on sat 129. I would assume the Albany, GA market would carry the Falcons games. You may be able to get by with that depending on how far you are from Orlando and as long as you aren't too far south.

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network Albany, GA

https://sites.google.com/site/satkml/home/ciel-2-129w-sb51-northeast-florida

This would allow you to use your current setup with no changes.

And I believe you can most certainly get the SD feeds of those on 110 transponder 25

Last edited:
Check your signal on transponder 16 on sat 129. I would assume the Albany, GA market would carry the Falcons games. You may be able to get by with that depending on how far you are from Orlando and as long as you aren't too far south.

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network Albany, GA

https://sites.google.com/site/satkml/home/ciel-2-129w-sb51-northeast-florida

This would allow you to use your current setup with no changes.

And I believe you can most certainly get the SD feeds of those on 110 transponder 25

To be exact, I am in Geneva (Zip 32732). Transponder 16 on 129 comes in at 58 right now. Could I get Savannah locals from here on 129 on Spotbeam? I see it's on 11. I am getting 63 on 11. Thanks

To be exact, I am in Geneva (Zip 32732). Transponder 16 on 129 comes in at 58 right now. Could I get Savannah locals from here on 129 on Spotbeam? I see it's on 11. I am getting 63 on 11. Thanks

I don't believe so. Howerver, I'm having a hard time figuring out which spot beam would be giving you a reading that high on transponder 11 in your location. Maybe someone else would have an idea but I don't see anything on that transponder near your area other than spotbeam 44.

Looks to me that around Gainesville to St Augustine would be the cutoff

Yep. After a 2nd look I'm completely stumped. I don't seen anything else even remotely close to you on transponder 11 but at the same time if the spot beam map is accurate I don't see any way you could receive spot beam 44 there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)