lost one of the outputs on my INVACOM QPH-031!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gardo403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
S.E. Wisconsin
Has any one ever heard of one of these going to hell? Wouldn't ya know it, it was one of the Linear ones too....:(

I don't even think it a year old either

Don't those come with a multi-year warranty?
Who did you buy it from?
Contact your dealer and see what they'll do for ya.

Invacom LNBFs are supposed to have a five year manufacturer's warranty.

The only problem I've had is that on my oldest one, the protective cover on the feedhorn has deteriorated.

I must of had some bad luck as a few years ago I had two go bad. Each during the summer when some electrical storms went through. For the past three or so years I have had no problems.

Has any one ever heard of one of these going to hell? Wouldn't ya know it, it was one of the Linear ones too....:(

I don't even think it a year old either

Mine lost one side (L & C) then my receiver and my BirdDog meter started reporting that both outputs were shorted. I replaced it with a Sadoun dual output LNB and it has been going strong for a few years now. There isnt anything on the circular side FTA anymore. I was using mine for NASA on 119 but thats been gone for a while. I get my NASA fix from C-Band now and the HD picture is phenomenal. Cant wait for the launch on Monday.

in my experience they are very reliable lnbs....what makes you think the lnb port is defective?....im not trying to say it is not but i suggest we look at the big picture here....most people always blame the lnb first for any problems they encounter, but in the end the lnb is rarely ever the real problem....in 20+ years i have only encountered one faulty lnb and that was a brand new one never been used....

I had it hooked up in a Multi switch configuration ( one leg running vert and one running horizontal) I lost every horizontal tp in my array of receivers... So first bypased the multiswitch.. With the receiver hooked up directly to the L port (theres two L's and 2 C's) it worked on one and not the other...

So I know its one of the L ports

I got it back in august of 09 from hypermegasat I'll email them... On there current listing the say there is indeed a 5 year warranty

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts