Lost Satellite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

StentzLot8

Original poster
Dec 28, 2021
South East Washington State
I have used DTV at my cabin for 10+ years and attempted the HD upgrade a year ago, was told (no proved) that HD wasn't possible there, continue with my original dish and receiver without my locals. Worked fine until early fall. I have a 65-70 percent signal on 110 and nothing on 101 & 119.
Dish is on tripod, I've re-aimed it many times, snow, cattle & wind, etc.
Don't ever remember having zero signal when I had that high a percentage on any one. So I'm a rookie looking for advice. I've purchased a new HD non dvr recvr and have a HD dish. Not sure what to do. Wish there was an independent installer local that I could use. Have a exceptional Dish guy in town but haven't asked if he could help a DTV fella out.
Thanks for whatever help anyone can offer.
Lunny

You're trying to align the new dish? It is supposed to be pointed at 101, unlike the old 101/110/119 dish which was pointed at 110.

No, trying to reset my original non HD dish. I've just never had such signal from just one satellite and 0 signal from the other two.

In that case it is either because it isn't level/plumb (that's why you get 110 where it is aimed but not 101 & 119 which will not work if not perfectly level) or the dish has been bent. The amount of distortion necessary to lose 101 & 119 wouldn't necessarily be visible to the naked eye.

If you have an HD dish just use it and throw away the old one. It works exactly the same for using 101/110/119 only except where you aim it.

:welcome to Satelliteguys StentzLot8!
Can you post what signals levels and what transponders you are getting from 110?

:welcome to Satelliteguys StentzLot8!
Can you post what signals levels and what transponders you are getting from 110?
Thanks Chip. Well, no. The cabin is accessible now only by snowmobile and I'm heading out of town thru new years. So, when I return and get there I will try and record those. DTV tech said I may have to "load" my HD rcvr at my home and then try and aim the HD dish. I should've held him at gunpoint until he proved he couldn't get a HD signal. Got the brush off an installer told me they'd do. Thank you for the help. I hope to learn more.

Reactions: raoul5788

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts