Lost signal from all three Sats

About 15 minutes ago, I was watching a DVR'd program from last week and suddenly the playback stopped, screen went black, then rebooted. Kinda weird...I don't recall it ever doing that before while watching a DVR program. It came back up and is playing the program just fine now.

Lost signal again last night and it still has not come back. Sucks though I am at work now and can't doing anything to check it out.

Everything has been up and fine since I got back from Philly early this morning.. I'm thinking if people still have problems then it's probably a setup issue.

Don't know if it is a set up problem, like I said I am at work now and cannot look into the issue. Although I don't know how it can be a "setup" issue seeing as I have not changed anything.

Doesn't mean nothings changed, like your LNB being burnt out, defective switches, etc.

I wasn't suggesting that you set up anything wrong as much as your setup could be defective.

Well, mine just went out again. I've been trying to get my dish retailer out here for a week, but apparently they don't want to come. Calling them again tomorrow. I am now getting an error saying there is a switch issue, whatever that means.

I've been losing 119 off and on for a week or so now. Happens usually when trying to watch something on ESPN that I notice.
"Lost Lock on Satellite 119."

Thing is the other 2 are generally fine and when I do a check switch etc. it is all fine. I look at signal and have 95% but not aways staying green.
Then we will go for hours totally fine, then next day or so poof gone again. Seems strange to only be losing 119 continually.

Anybody experience trouble with 119 like this?

I have lost it again tonight. But only on the 622. The 322 is getting a signal with no problem. I could understand a weather issue but not when I can get signal on another receiver. Makes me think that there is a problem with the 622. This is getting very old.

must be individual systems, because I haven't had any problems since the big storm in Cheyenne last week

I don't know. I do now think that there is something wrong with my "setup" I have dish scheduled to come out. However according to the CSR they have nothing avaiable until Thursday between Noon and 5 pm. I will post what happens when the tech comes.

Hate to sound stupid, as I thought I knew quite a bit about this stuff, but what exactly is a matrix reset, and how do you do it? Thanks!

You do a switch matrix reset by disconnecting the satellite feed and run check switch. Connect the satellite feed again and run check switch again.

What will that do for you?

I ran the check switch last night and it went through 38 checks instead of the usual 4. But I did not disconnect any satellite inputs.

Would it be beneficial to me to try this before the tech comes out Thursday?

Well I will have to try this tonight. So all I need to do is disconnect the sat inputs from the back of the receiver and run the check then hook them back up and run check switch again?

I will try this too when I get home from work today. Can't hurt to try. Thanks for the adivice and I'll report back what happens. Thanks!

Disconnect the sat inputs from the back of the receiver. Run a check switch (it'll take about 8-10 minutes).

Reconnect the sat inputs to the back of the receiver and run a check switch again. It should go through all 38 at the "normal" rate.

If it works, everything should be fine when it's complete.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)