Lost signal from all three Sats

Well, that's what I thought too. Apparently they called Dish about it and it's a known issue with the 722. I'm so confused and pissed at the same time.

If they're offering to replace the receiver, replace it. Specially now that you just got it, you don't want to lose all your recordings. If the problem continues then you know there's something wrong with the install.

I doubt there are any refurbs in channel yet. I was backordered and now they're going to overnight me one today.. I should have it tomorrow.. Odds are they were waiting for new ones.

On the other side of it, I do have 2 VIP211s that are already installed.

The Exec Relations office is the bomb really. The CSRs couldn't tell me a thing and the only one that was helpful was the domestic CSR the 3rd time I called. He said it was delayed because of an install requirement, which I don't have an install requirement.

Mark, Wade and Eric were all very helpful in making this process happen. That's really the difference between Exec and the regular CSR farm.

Well, when i get home, they want me to completely power down the receiver for an hour, no lights showing on the front of it. Then call them if it still doesn't work. I'm not sure what that's supposed to accomplish, other than wasting time.

Not sure if you have the same situation, but I lost signal to all Sats this morning. It ended up being the coax-surge protector that I ran the sat cable through apparently died. This was the same line that the power inserter was hooked to. It had been running fine this way for a year or more. I removed the cable from the surge-box and all is well again.

Well, when i get home, they want me to completely power down the receiver for an hour, no lights showing on the front of it. Then call them if it still doesn't work. I'm not sure what that's supposed to accomplish, other than wasting time.

Abnormally hot, huh? Well, I've heard of that one too...seems there was a bunch of those that happened 6-8 months ago too.

I hope your signal is stable now. :)

Well it worked well last night. So we shall see. I still have the service ticket open so if the problem persists I at least have a starting point to move on from.

110 STILL down in Little Rock area after 25 minutes. Does anyone have the real answer as to what is going on the past several weeks with complete loss of signal on one or more birds for extended periods? If so, I'd sure like to know for sure what is going on. Thanks in advance.

110 still down in Dallas

Yes, as of 6:02 pm in Dallas still don't have 110 Sat. It came back briefly but only lasted a second and was gone again. :mad:

Just came back on in Little Rock area. Out for 45 minutes. How much of a refund should I ask for? LOL Seriously tho, if thousands called in asking for $5 or $10 refunds on our bills every time this continues to happen, maybe we would get more action in solving the problem, whatever it is.

it's only been a week since i had dish installed. last thursday I lost all 3 sats, but i traced the cable and yard people cut the cable going into my apt. so i replaced and that cable and everything came back.

now i just lost all 3 sats. 110, 119 and 129 near Tyler, tx (90 miles east of dallas). this time all cables are connected.

satellite television is showing its ugly side..eh. cable aint no option since its almost 70 bucks to get anything that is in HD. regular cable is 45. pssh.

119 is pixelating a ton on me right now.

If 119 drops again Im gonna be pissed.

being a Tech for Dish sucks anymore, as everyone wants to know why they keep losing signal.

Well, even if you pay $100 per month, that 45 minutes is worth maybe just over a dollar. Get a life.

it's only been a week since i had dish installed. last thursday I lost all 3 sats, but i traced the cable and yard people cut the cable going into my apt. so i replaced and that cable and everything came back.

now i just lost all 3 sats. 110, 119 and 129 near Tyler, tx (90 miles east of dallas). this time all cables are connected.

satellite television is showing its ugly side..eh. cable aint no option since its almost 70 bucks to get anything that is in HD. regular cable is 45. pssh.

:what

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)