Lost Signal on 129 and 119

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
While we're on this subject (and for want of starting a new thread for an elementary question), on which transponders should I check the individual sats' signals? Better yet, where do you find this info?

I have everything back. The box i ran the check switch from required another check switch (which took awhile), but my 2 622's and 1 721 seem to work now.

While we're on this subject (and for want of starting a new thread for an elementary question), on which transponders should I check the individual sats' signals? Better yet, where do you find this info?
That is a good question because some of the transponders are "off". Getting a "0" signal from them, of course, means nothing bad. I know on 119' and transponder "11" is a commonly tested one. I also noticed that during a reboot when it tries to acquire signal, that it's the 1st one checked on the 119' satellite. It would be nice if someone were to note which satellites and transponders are checked during this process. I just might do it in a bit....

Hmmm, I didn't hear any screams from downstairs, so I guess the 622 is okay. I've got all three of my satellite signals back, so must have been weather-related. I thought there was a backup up-link somewhere?

i lost signal around 3:50 on 119, only was getting odd on 110. clear LOS and clear skies. looks like brief satellite problems. my 625's log shows several signal losses within the past couple days. most of them occurred when i wasn't home/watching.

I lost 129 & 119. ran a check & instead of having 119 listed, it said "comm". I ran a check again & everything is back.

I wonder what's going on.

There was another odd message I saw when this was going on, about a "spoofed network". I think it was on the signal strength screen

When people ALL OVER the country report an outage around the same time, it's clearly NOT weather-related.
Is it weather related or not ? If it is, a backup uplink will do no good.
I guess if a tornado was to rip through the uplink facility, it would effectively affect the whole country that was receiving downlinks from that uplink facility.

In which case, another uplink facility should be able to pick up the slack.:eureka

Of course a nuclear detonation could also neutralize all of the transmissions and have an effect on the weather too.:D

Heh, to be honest, when I said "weather related", I was only thinking of each customer's "local weather". :D

Then again, it would take some really severe weather to disrupt the uplinking facility. By that, I'm pretty sure no amount of cloud cover could do it. A tornado ?? Yeah, that's different if it rips dishes or related hardware out of the ground !

I did not notice any issues today with 110 or 119. TP27 on 129 of course is another story. Had a normal afternoon storm come thru and it went to 0, other tp's on 129 held in the 60's. :(

-119, 110 & 61.5 down for a few minutes more or less at the same time as you guys posted here- any explanation for that?-

-i was reading about the interference by the sun, but that occurs between february to april & august to october- so, there is no solar interference these days- you can read about it here-
Code:
http://www.ips.gov.au/Educational/1/3/9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts