Lost SWiM Connection message

Sorry for being obtuse, this setup was in the RV when we bought it. All I've got is what I described in a very small overhead cabinet with cables everywhere. Is the cable that goes to Power to SWM the one that comes from the dish?
Bob, disconnect the 2 cables going in and out of the PI and use a barrel to connect them again.

OK Bob,
You have the LNB with 1 feed coming from it, going to a D* Splitter, the splitter has a red line on it, it's for power bypass .... your splitter is in a spot where all cables come to.
the feed from the LNB should go to the INPUT on the splitter, the coax going to the HR54 needs to connect to the Output with the red bypass line on it.

Make sure you have removed the old PI already.

the coax left that goes to your Client, should connect to any of the other outputs on the splitter.

OK Bob,
You have the LNB with 1 feed coming from it, going to a D* Splitter, the splitter has a red line on it, it's for power bypass .... your splitter is in a spot where all cables come to.
the feed from the LNB should go to the INPUT on the splitter, the coax going to the HR54 needs to connect to the Output with the red bypass line on it.

Make sure you have removed the old PI already.

the coax left that goes to your Client, should connect to any of the other outputs on the splitter.
Not exactly, I have one cable from the LNB and it goes to the Power Inserter, a black box with 'SWM ODU Only' written on it. A coax port labeled 'Signal to IRD' goes to Splitter where the output goes to mini-client and the other goes to HR54.

Not exactly, I have one cable from the LNB and it goes to the Power Inserter, a black box with 'SWM ODU Only' written on it. A coax port labeled 'Signal to IRD' goes to Splitter where the output goes to mini-client and the other goes to HR54.
Ok, thats better yet, your PI is before the switch, remove the PI, use a barrel if needed .... power everything up and it should work.
Your client must already be connected to the switch, witch is good.

Ok, thats better yet, your PI is before the switch, remove the PI, use a barrel if needed .... power everything up and it should work.
Your client must already be connected to the switch, witch is good.
UPDATE: connecting the cable from the roof to the cable to the splitter with a barrel connector and SWM 775 error. So connected the cable from the roof directly to the HR54 and SWM 775 error. So put it back together as originally set (cable from roof to PI and cable from PI to splitter) and it's working.

UPDATE: connecting the cable from the roof to the cable to the splitter with a barrel connector and SWM 775 error. So connected the cable from the roof directly to the HR54 and SWM 775 error. So put it back together as originally set (cable from roof to PI and cable from PI to splitter) and it's working.
Q.
Did you reboot the HR54 once you made the connection ?
The HR 54 will have to know to look for the PI (even though tis built in) if it doesn't see the external I would imagine it would activate the internal .. I don't remember ever seeing an option for using the Internal vs an external though.

I'm glad its working, just keep an eye on it for a few days and make sure the issue doesn't come back.
You may have fixed it in the things you did already, unknowingly.

Once I saw error message after connecting directly I rebooted and got the same message. I did the same when I connected directly to the splitter. But once I connected the original connection and rebooted just to be safe the process went smoothly.

Once I saw error message after connecting directly I rebooted and got the same message. I did the same when I connected directly to the splitter. But once I connected the original connection and rebooted just to be safe the process went smoothly.
I find that interesting .... however, seeing its working again, lets let it go.

I'm curious at what point the recvr does look for the PI (internal or external).
It should have seen the internal and fired up regardless.

I find that interesting .... however, seeing its working again, lets let it go.

I'm curious at what point the recvr does look for the PI (internal or external).
It should have seen the internal and fired up regardless.
I did a red button reset, would a power hard reset do better?

I unplugged the power inserter and client but just turned off Genie
Typically, whenever I work on any of the system I will unplug everything, but thats just me.
Moving cables around from 1 input to another can cause a number of issues.
Not saying it did, but it can.
Personally I would have unplugged the HR54 and removed the PI .... then put all my connections together and plug in the HR54 and go from there.
IF I had been using a PI, I would plug the PI in for a minute before the HR54.

Typically, whenever I work on any of the system I will unplug everything, but thats just me.
Moving cables around from 1 input to another can cause a number of issues.
Not saying it did, but it can.
Personally I would have unplugged the HR54 and removed the PI .... then put all my connections together and plug in the HR54 and go from there.
IF I had been using a PI, I would plug the PI in for a minute before the HR54.
Thanks, if it acts up again I will do it this way.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts