Lost the "sub"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Since Nov 2010, we've had SiriusXM in the family SUV (who knows where the bill went).
Last Friday they pulled the plug. Called this AM, planning on playing dumb etc but
they have no record of the Radio ID on their file... oh well?

Doesn't surprise me. I removed mine when I bought my radio station, (no more commuting)....and gave it away. Cancelled (2) units, one home, one car. They're still running and nobody gets a bill...and it's NOT on my credit history anywhere. Never has been...so not my issue.
Corporate America Mentality. Lose people in the shuffle. This time a "plus" for someone!

Since Nov 2010, we've had SiriusXM in the family SUV (who knows where the bill went).
Last Friday they pulled the plug. Called this AM, planning on playing dumb etc but
Sign up for a free 60 day trial here. Afterwards, you will get a letter/email offering 6 months for $25 or something similar.

I'm just the opposite ...
In '08 I had a Impala with XM in it, it's been turned off for over a year now, but I continue to get offers to turn it back on ... they put it on during thier trials, and then send info out that they are gonna turn off the radio if I don't respond.

They definitely haven't lost my old RID.

Whats stranger yet is at the time I turned off the Impala radio, I turned ON the one in the '13 Fusion, so they KNOW what happened and when I turned it off.

Also, their CSR's are the worst I have ever dealt with. No one speaks English and those that do, don't LISTEN.

I had thought back in the day that they sent down the deactivation code for those at varying times for something like a year. If you had one sitting on a shelf and put it back in after that they would still be working. Seemed like a goofy way to do activation/deactivation to me.

I had an old Sirius unit (the old square type one with no remote) that worked for 4 years after I deactivated it (well did a swap to a different unit) with no issues. Made the mistake of leaving it at the lakehouse and some a-hole took it

Ironically my sportster (I think thats what it was...its been a while) as soon as I called to cancel it was nuked within 2 hours

I had an old Sirius unit (the old square type one with no remote) that worked for 4 years after I deactivated it (well did a swap to a different unit) with no issues.
I had a Kenwood Sirius box like that. I bought it used, it had service, and worked for years without me ever having subscribed. The sound quality was pretty good back then, too. (2005 or so.)

Then, I changed head units to one with built-in XM, as I preferred their lack of DJ's. But, they merged with Sirius shortly thereafter, and adopted the noisy talky format of Sirius.
I got a new car last year with Sirius built in. But, the audio quality of Sirius now is just awful. Unlistenable. I finally cancelled after the trial and promo pricing period. (Just call to cancel, and they give you 6 mos for $25.) But, even at the promo price, it's hard to justify, if I can't listen to it.

Sign up for a free 60 day trial here. Afterwards, you will get a letter/email offering 6 months for $25 or something similar.
Thanks for the link. I just got another 2 months free. I don't listen often, due to the poor audio quality. But, it's nice to have access to the news channels and NPR for the bargain price of zero dollars.

I had a Kenwood Sirius box like that. I bought it used, it had service, and worked for years without me ever having subscribed. The sound quality was pretty good back then, too. (2005 or so.)

Then, I changed head units to one with built-in XM, as I preferred their lack of DJ's. But, they merged with Sirius shortly thereafter, and adopted the noisy talky format of Sirius.
I got a new car last year with Sirius built in. But, the audio quality of Sirius now is just awful. Unlistenable. I finally cancelled after the trial and promo pricing period. (Just call to cancel, and they give you 6 mos for $25.) But, even at the promo price, it's hard to justify, if I can't listen to it.

So if they offer you 6 months for $25, will they also offer 12 months for 50 ?

I mentioned the 6 for 25 deal one time talking to them, they said they have NEVER heard of such a thing and that people were lying. :)

Very definitely no lying. I've had it on 2 occasions and 5 months for $20 on another... The trick is to tell them that you are not interested at all, they will offer you something in between. You tell them that you still aren't interested, they make the 6 for $25 offer. If they don't, simply cancel. In about 2 weeks, you'll get the offer in the mail....

So if they offer you 6 months for $25, will they also offer 12 months for 50 ?

I mentioned the 6 for 25 deal one time talking to them, they said they have NEVER heard of such a thing and that people were lying. :)
People were lying. The SiriusXM CSR's.

I've had the 6 for $25 offer many times, over the years. I've never seen 12 for $50, though.

I confirm it w/ Bobby. When I had the 'roadie' in the Jeep... I was running on the 6 months/30$ promo (I found the code by googling)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)