Lots of Dish Information!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
As quoted from Scott's message at the beginning of this thread:

"- If an existing customer with a DISH 500 wishes to add HD content including locals, you should only install an additional antenna pointed to 61.5º, and not install a DISH 1000.

- If an existing customer already has a DISH 1000 for DishHD content, and now wants to add their HD locals, you should install an additional antenna pointed to 61.5º for all HD content, and disable the 129º feed. "

1. I didn't have a dish 1000 until a few weeks ago. I ordered it to get the HD content. The CSR never asked (or suggested) a second dish. And as I said in a previous post, the installer said the local HD (as well as the off the wall local SD) was being moved to give Wash DC subscribers a one-dish solution.

2. Now that I have dish 1000, I'm finding out that Dish may not move the local HD's and I will have to get a wing dish to pick them up. I talked to tech support at Dish yesterday, and they said to call back around April 1st, as they had no definitive information on whether or not local HD content would be staying on 61.5 or moving to the new 110 bird.

Guess I'll wait to see :confused:

How bizarre that they still don't know if they will move the DC locals off 61.5. I suspect it's just the CSRs that don't know.

Are you really in the DC DMA? Or did they just give you the option since you're in the footprint?

Scott Greczkowski said:
• Local Channel Options - Reminder

o Customers in markets where DISH Network offers local network programming may choose to:

- Subscribe to local channels and pay $5.00/mo. with qualified programming or $5.99/mo. without qualifying programming (includes both standard definition (SD) and high definition (HD) were available). Customers need the appropriate equipment to receive HD programming.
Someone should explain to Dish Network that a yearly AT120 / yearly AT180 subscription should be considered "qualifying programming". However, those of us who decide to get the yearly AT subscription have to pay $5.99/mo. for locals. Not a big deal, but every $0.99 a month helps. :D

Long time no post...

Anyhow, if I am in the Seattle market, which oribital locations will I need to see in order to pickup all the HD content and HD locals after upgrading to the new MPEG4 equipment?

Bill

Last edited:
Sky Angel customers are not eligible for The Public Interest Channels. I tried twice to talk a CSR into it, and they told me I must have at least AT 60 or some other Dish package to qualify. Oh well................

Larry Allen said:
Sky Angel customers are not eligible for The Public Interest Channels. I tried twice to talk a CSR into it, and they told me I must have at least AT 60 or some other Dish package to qualify. Oh well................

AT60 and above already get those PI channels

WLong said:
Long time no post...

Anyhow, if I am in the Seattle market, which oribital locations will I need to see in order to pickup all the HD content and HD locals after upgrading to the new MPEG4 equipment?

Bill

question - do you have the voom Hd pack right now?

If so you're dishes are all set to receive the new HD channels.

But if not they'd come and install a dish 1000

The seattle HD locals will most likely be placed at 110 on the new echo 10

navychop said:
If you're getting a good strong signal on that 61.5, I don't see why they would change it. No need to remove a dish and replace another dish with a 1000. However, I look forward to a reply on this from someone more knowledgeable than I.

No one can predict the future with any confidence, but right now it seems Dish will NOT be removing the national HD channels from 61.5. Since many areas (the Northeast, southern tips of FL & TX) cannot get the 129 signal, they must provide the channels from 61.5.

As far as installing it yourself, lots of folks want to do this. The short answer is no, but I believe some have succeeded in doing this. But if anything goes wrong and you need a later service call, you'd have to pay for it. Do a search and read the postings on this.

And all of this is not to mention the $200M (yes, one-fifth of one Billion dollars) that Charlie paid for Rainbow-1 - a first-rate bird, by all accounts at 61.5. The 61.5 location must be in old Charlie's plans for some time to come - $200M is not "chump change," even for old Charlie & E*. :yes

--Doug

Does anyone know what the minimum progaming required is to get the PIs? I recently cancelled my service, but still have an 811 hooked up to the dish to get OTA HD. If it's only a matter of paying $5 to get locals from Dish, I might do it if the PI's are included.

datwell said:
And all of this is not to mention the $200M (yes, one-fifth of one Billion dollars) that Charlie paid for Rainbow-1 - a first-rate bird, by all accounts at 61.5. The 61.5 location must be in old Charlie's plans for some time to come - $200M is not "chump change," even for old Charlie & E*. :yes

--Doug
ummm can anyone say HD locals????

Zookster said:
Does anyone know what the minimum progaming required is to get the PIs? I recently cancelled my service, but still have an 811 hooked up to the dish to get OTA HD. If it's only a matter of paying $5 to get locals from Dish, I might do it if the PI's are included.

It looks like, from the original post, that you can subscribe to locals and nothing else for $5.99/mo. If you ask when you sign up they will throw in the PI channels for free. At least that's the way I read it.

What is Dish planning to do with Rainbow 1? Keep it at 61.5 and do HD from there or have some HD locals from that location? Put it at another location?

Stargazer said:
What is Dish planning to do with Rainbow 1? Keep it at 61.5 and do HD from there or have some HD locals from that location? Put it at another location?
I don't see them moving it from 61.5, but very good question. Also, I just wanted to point out Rainbow-1 is officially dead...it is officially called EchoStar-12

oh :eek:

ok so what do they consider ECHO XI, or did they skip it?

nevermind, all my questions keep getting answered in this wonderful documdent :)

EchoStar XI, a Space Systems/Loral, Inc. (“SSL”) DBS satellite, is expected to be completed during 2007. EchoStar XI will enable better bandwidth utilization, provide back-up protection for our existing offerings, and could allow DISH Network to offer other value-added services.

Also it says the total Tps they can use at 61.5 is 28 (22 plus 6 leased from Dominion, so I guess those 2 STAs never went to dish, I thought they did?) so I guess they're using all they can right now on 61.5

Last edited:
I remember discussing this before Rainbow 1 launched, but do not recall if anyone knew the answer. Would there be any point in relocating it? Would the spotbeams still be useful from another orbital location or are they designed to work only from 61.5?

wow i'm lost

anyone out here who thinks they have enough patience to teach me...............plz reply.............i cant figure out jack:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)