Lots of News from Team Summit

Scott Greczkowski said:
Don't worry we will get it not just at launch. ;)

I'm actually sitting here with a Dish employee and he said they will be adding more HD at the end of the summer.

Of course he won't tell me which ones.

Middle of the 3rd inning and the Dogers lead 2 to 0

Thanks, Scott.

I looked at the original press release directly from Scripps when HGTV launched and it said they already have a deal with a large satellite company (Dish) for both HGTV and Food Network. See here :

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/press_release/article/0,1783,HGTV_3657_4673169,00.html

I'm not doubting you which is why I was surprised to hear that from the scripps rep.

I will go there again tommorow and ask someone else and see what answer I get.

BTW since I am litterly sitting up here a mile in the air. does that make me a member of the Mile High Club?? ;)

Any information you can get about distant nets and the time frame for shut off would be greatly appreciated.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I'm not doubting you which is why I was surprised to hear that from the scripps rep.

I will go there again tommorow and ask someone else and see what answer I get.

BTW since I am litterly sitting up here a mile in the air. does that make me a member of the Mile High Club?? ;)

Hey Scott, how come the people sitting next to you just got up and left, I think you scared them when yo pulled out your rain coat and it isn't raining!! :) :) :)

My local Service Electric cable in Allentown Pa carries the Outdoor Life HD channel and it is my favorite, lots of true hd and alot of series shows are updated weekly! Shows on boating/yachting, hunting/shooting, racing. Great channel and i am sure everyone would like to see it added to Dish!!!

madison said:
Just found new HGTV HD and NFL HD won't be available to Greatwall HD customer while I am paying same dollor as BronzeHD package, is this worng?

I have Dish Latino Platinum, HGTV HD and NFL HD do not show up for me. NTGHD and StarzHD do.

Any information you can get about distant nets and the time frame for shut off would be greatly appreciated.

If there is an injunction issued by the court Dish would need to shut them off imediately.

However dish could file a stay with the surpreme court.

I say don't worry and watch TV :)

Scott Greczkowski said:

If all you are doing is sitting, then no.

Although even if you are doing something "else" technically, you must be doing it at least one mile above ground level, not sea level.

Nothing on the fight network.

BTW I did not bring my laptop I am doing this on my cell phone.

Its 3 to nothing now, almost time for me to find the bus before everyone leaves.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Madison I would call and ask for advanced tech support for that one you should be getting them.

Scott, I called Tech support this evening and were advised that since Greatwall HD package is no more available and instruction to get free view of HGTV HD and NFL HD is from BronzeHD package (or above). So I am not qulified to get these two channels. Is there any way I can communicate with some other guy inside E or you can help to verify it?

ronjohn said:
I have Dish Latino Platinum, HGTV HD and NFL HD do not show up for me. NTGHD and StarzHD do.

It seems all international HD package customers are blocked from HGTV HD and NFL HD, I have Greatwall HD package and can not view these channels either. Dish should fix this problem with international HD customers. BTW, I just got upgrade to 622 and installation was done last Sat. But now CSR from E tech support said as international HD package is no more available, you don't have the access.

Thinking to send an email to CEO for the complaining but don't know the address, anyone can help?

Last edited:
How about allowing users to downconvert HD signals in the future to different levels of picture quality to increase storage time on the hard drive? This may not be needed as the hard drives continue to get larger. I am surprised that Dish Network has not come out with a dual hard drive receiver yet.

Scott, if the new dishes are not going to be out for a few months are the new HD-LILs' gonna be on the existing sats? It was stated that Raleigh was going to be on 118.5 before. Since I get a 95+ signal on 61.5 I would rather they be on R1!