LOUD Popping sound when changing channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

progravix

Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
I have a Sanyo 50" Plasma (DP50747). Great TV. I recently purchased an upscaling DVD player. Whenever I make menu selections, pause, or do anything that makes the audio change or stop, I get a VERY LOUD popping sound. A static pop. My first thought was it's the DVD player, then my thought was the HDMI cable. I don't hear the issue if I connect the audio through composite. Wasn't really sure what was going on. I just lived with it since once you get your movie going, you don't do much with menus or pausing.

Then yesterday I upgraded my 625 to a Vip722. I connected the new Vip722 to my Sanyo Plasma via HDMI, and I am getting the same exact LOUD popping sound when I change channels. This I cannot live with.

So, it's not the DVD player, and it's not the Vip722. I've tried all three HDMI ports on my Sanyo Plasma. Regardless of what settings I change on any device, I get the same loud popping.

My only thought is that it could be the HDMI cable? I have an HDMI 1.3 cable. I was under the impression that all HDMI cables (v1.3) were the same. Digital is digital. But could that be the issue? I don't really want to drop $50 on a new HDMI cable, and have the same exact issue.

Could be. I would check the audio input and out put settings of your TV first. That seems to be the common factor here. Do you have both the DVD player and the VIP 722 hooked up with HDMI? Do you currently have two HDMI cables?

There is no audio settings on the TV itself (other than Tone and Volume).

Yes, DVD player and Vip722 are connected directly to the TV with HDMI. I have two HDMI cables, but they are identical (purchased together). The TV has 3 HDMI inputs. All give the same results.

The common factor here is the TV or the HDMI cable (since they are identical).

I couldn't take much more today, and connected the Vip722 to my A/V receiver using composite audio (L/R). Want this solved, since this connection does not give me surround sound.

I'm also in the process of shopping for a new A/V receiver (with HDMI). But if this problem persists, that would be a waste of money.

Loud pop from rear surround speaker

Just noticed this recently (last couple of days maybe).

I have a 722, worked fine for several months.

The pop happens when I change away from a network (over the air) channels. I have also noticed this happens sometimes with recorded shows (Monk during commercial changes)

I do have hdmi cable to a Panasonic TV. But normally have audio turned to 0 on TV and use the received for all audio.

Do you still think it's the HDMI problem?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)