Status
Please reply by conversation.

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
I have VOD for about a week now and its pretty cool, especially the stuff that is available for Starz and such. But I have a question, if and when channels like howard or WWE 24/7 come, will those of us without land lines get shut out??

I have VOD for about a week now and its pretty cool, especially the stuff that is available for Starz and such. But I have a question, if and when channels like howard or WWE 24/7 come, will those of us without land lines get shut out??

From what I'm hearing is that a phone line is only needed for PPV Movie On Demand viewing. You can download any PPV On Demand movie but it will only charge you when you play it back. Beyond the above all free and subscription On Demand content won't require a phone line. So if Howard ever shows up you most likely would need to call DirecTV to add the service or go online and add the service to your account. Now because Howard will be a VOD only service I don't know if they will have this service online (adding to account online) as so few overall customers can get VOD and as such resulting in tons of calls for a service most cannot get or aren't ready to get.

I hope this gives you the view of how it works and why you may not see Howard on the DirecTV website to add it to your package.

Thanks looking foward to hopefully a day when we will have WWE 24/7!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Got new 0x17e software on hr20 700

Is directv titanium still there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)