Low Volume on AC3 channels using Coolsat 6000 and Sonic Voom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John Popper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Central Mexico
Iceberg or anyone else that has a Coolsat 6000, any of you experience low volume on the ac3 channels? like for instance the PBS NET mux @ 89 C band?

I use the sonic voom to decode AC3 and I have it at max volume (with my speakers at max vol too) but I still experience low sound, it's kind of irritating especially if you wanna record some concert like Austin City Limits performance of Them Crooked Vultures. On the other hand there are some standard audio channels @ 97 Ku Band in which the volume has to be very low or else you can become deaf, but I guess that's just because of their crappy uplinks.

Also, is there a way to select left or right audio on the CS without having to disconnect RCA cables?, there are a bunch of channels on the satmex birds in which they have some radio station sharing audio

I experience the exact same thing with my CS 6000 and Sonic Voom setup.

And to select left or right audio try pressing the Audio (green) button on your remote. That should bring up an Audio menu that will let you select left, right or stereo.

Did you try the audio button on your remote? May not work on ac-3 channels , but on PCM audio channels you can usually push Audio, then the right or left arrow buttons to 'deselect' either right or left channel, or even pick another audio track. You probably tried that , best I could come up with tonite!

I experience the exact same thing with my CS 6000 and Sonic Voom setup.

isn't it irritating? maybe we just have to live with it or get a better receiver that can decode AC3

And to select left or right audio try pressing the Audio (green) button on your remote. That should bring up an Audio menu that will let you select left, right or stereo.

Did you try the audio button on your remote? May not work on ac-3 channels , but on PCM audio channels you can usually push Audio, then the right or left arrow buttons to 'deselect' either right or left channel, or even pick another audio track. You probably tried that , best I could come up with tonite!

lol, actually no, 2 months with this receiver and I had not even touched that button, except to add TPs, and since I got this CS without a manual I didn't know!
but thanks I got it now!

I wish you could adjust the AC-3 volume level with the Coolsat, that's one of the minor flaws in a near-perfect SD receiver.

I'm pretty sure you could control that level with the Visionsat IV-200.

Iceberg or anyone else that has a Coolsat 6000, any of you experience low volume on the ac3 channels? like for instance the PBS NET mux @ 89 C band?

I use the sonic voom to decode AC3 and I have it at max volume (with my speakers at max vol too) but I still experience low sound, it's kind of irritating especially if you wanna record some concert like Austin City Limits performance of Them Crooked Vultures. On the other hand there are some standard audio channels @ 97 Ku Band in which the volume has to be very low or else you can become deaf, but I guess that's just because of their crappy uplinks.

Also, is there a way to select left or right audio on the CS without having to disconnect RCA cables?, there are a bunch of channels on the satmex birds in which they have some radio station sharing audio
It's the SonicVoom. Not much gain. Got one too, so I can feel your pain.

There is a volume control on the Sonic Voom itself (in the form of two buttons, + and -), but the unit doesn't save the volume setting when turned off. Also, while increasing the volume on the unit does help, it can still sometimes be somewhat low. Just one of those things I live with (Visionsat IV-200 receivers here)...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)