LTE?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Is LTE getting into C band frequency range? The reason why I am asking a new internet provider is putting up a several new LTE transmitters in this area can someone give me some advice on this?

There are different LTE radios, but mostly in urban and sub-urban areas they use 1600-1800MHz thereabout. Some also use 1300-1400MHz. The LTE-LR is usually in the rural areas taking over the CDMA channels at 700-900MHz. There should be a listing available though your local FCC showing providers, tower locations, and services.

Issue for C-band is WiMax which is using an unregulated band up into the 3500MHz range. Smaller isolated internet providers often utilize this band for wireless access point/client services because it may not have license fees and is slightly above the polluted 2.4GHz wifi band.

Yep, I wouldn't worry about LTE. Find out what WiMax is around your area.

I had a Wimax issue. We got Wimax here at the house a couple years back and it killed our Cband. The Cband won, and i discontinued the service. I was thinking of hooking it back up with the Wimax antenna moved so its not behind the Cband dishes. But, it hasn't become a high enough priority, especially being its a lot of work for something that may not work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts