LTE?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Is LTE getting into C band frequency range? The reason why I am asking a new internet provider is putting up a several new LTE transmitters in this area can someone give me some advice on this?

There are different LTE radios, but mostly in urban and sub-urban areas they use 1600-1800MHz thereabout. Some also use 1300-1400MHz. The LTE-LR is usually in the rural areas taking over the CDMA channels at 700-900MHz. There should be a listing available though your local FCC showing providers, tower locations, and services.

Issue for C-band is WiMax which is using an unregulated band up into the 3500MHz range. Smaller isolated internet providers often utilize this band for wireless access point/client services because it may not have license fees and is slightly above the polluted 2.4GHz wifi band.

Yep, I wouldn't worry about LTE. Find out what WiMax is around your area.

I had a Wimax issue. We got Wimax here at the house a couple years back and it killed our Cband. The Cband won, and i discontinued the service. I was thinking of hooking it back up with the Wimax antenna moved so its not behind the Cband dishes. But, it hasn't become a high enough priority, especially being its a lot of work for something that may not work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)