This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Luken Communications Files For Bankruptcy After $47.4 Million "Fraudulent Transfer" Verdict Against

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That banging sound you hear?

It's another nail in the coffin being driven home.
And the Grim Reaper knocking on the door.

So sad.

Just sell a few golf courses and a few yachts dude. Come on. Really?

Henry Luken is the WORST TV CEO EVER.
(Or whatever his title is)

Posted with my iPhone 5 using the SatelliteGuys app

Interesting. I can´t help noticing they have the same shows in RTV, Tuff, Family, checking their programming schedules you´ll see Beverly Hillbilies, Cold Squad, etc in all these channels.
I used to watch Lassie on RTV, and PBJ, but it has been months now, since they keep airing the same dozen shows from the Timmy years, when there are about 200 episodes at least from the Timmy years.

While checking out to see if mycartv.tv and frostgreatoutdoors.com had sites that did not redirect to luken.tv frostgreatoutdoors.com redirected to FAM The Family Channels site famchannel.com So There is The Family Channels New site and the shows they are going to air which mirrors watchmyfamilytv.com right now so maybe FGO may be getting it's own site soon since they are redirecting the domain right now and FGO looks to have a facebook with a new logo thats been online for a good amount of time here it is

Last edited:
i noticed on this site here http://dockets.justia.com/docket/arkansas/aredce/4:2011cv00386/86279/ that the case that sent luken communications into bankruptcy has the status of Withdrawal,
i was wondering what exactly that meant,
is that 47.4 million judgment no longer on luken communications,
i have seen no signs of an appeal of the judgment like articles have stated they were going to with the bankruptcy filing,
are they possibly just staying in bankruptcy for protection from another attempt to take control of retro tv,
why does this trustee want the network back especially with the fact that it receives no money from stations and does not really have programming contracts of any value,
did this trustee have some sort of investors that were lined up to invest in the network,
sure it has been stated that this trustee has said he would always be able get the network back,
did this trustee just want the satellite distribution and the affiliates,
if the judgment is no longer there than it would have to be proven that luken purposely destroyed the network in order for the trustee to get the network back
and would at the same time if no investors are lined up for the network that they have exactly nothing much to do with with no money from broadcasters no programming contracts of any value,
since bankruptcy's were reopened for this judgment against luken it makes you wonder what type of plan exists/existed in order for the company (equity media or cash services) to make the network viable and for a company to be able to exist with it

tried my best with punctuation and breaking up sentences not to good with all that will try better next time

Last edited:
if the judgment is no longer there than it would have to be proven that luken purposely destroyed the network in order for the trustee to get the network back

If that were the case, I just wonder how could that be proven ?

doing some more research into Nature of Suit: Withdrawal
it just means that it is in the hands of the bankruptcy court
Withdrawal explainedhttp://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/28/157
the last action about the case that is public other than the MyFamilyTv separation,
is a motion for a rule 2004 examination by the equity media trustee
2004 rule explainedhttp://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/what-is-2004-examination-bankruptcy.html
list of debtor dockets for the debtor luken communications, which states the request for the 2004 rule examination
http://www.plainsite.org/dockets/index.html?id=2469450

with luken now providing ip feeds to affiliates and the equipment to receive them,
eliminating half of their c-band and all ku-band methods of signal delivery,
it seems that they will exit bankruptcy at some point since business changes have been allowed to be made

Naw, Henry Luken will just fritter away more money on MORE yachts and MORE golf courses.
He has never once demonstrated that he cares enough about his business to put some money into paying his debts and operating a proper business.
He would rather play golf and litigious games through shady lawyers.

Better Call Saul !!

By the way, I’m not knocking his networks or channels or content, I’m just knocking his business practices which are really ill thought out.

if you really did research into the whole story you would feel differently,
the fact that the company is allowed to make changes and possibly move towards emerging from bankruptcy states that your opinions are not correct,
sure Henry Luken is listed as one of the Creditors and with how Luken Communications was sent into bankruptcy he has risked losing and has defended his investment
Did you see the article about how he was being sued for fraud over programming that he guaranteed it would be paid for and so was luken holdings has that gone anywhere, he put his name on the line so you could have how many years of free programming that he invested in
He Tried to bring back TNN
My Family TV is no longer a part of Luken
it was stated that luken communications has been losing money for years so how was that free tv you watched for how long and that Henry Luken paid for
If Henry Luken does not care about his business then why is all this happening,
why has he not just given up and give retro tv back to the equity media creditors
then be sued for fraud
and allow the networks that you have watched for so long allowed to be on the air
how can you state his business practices are ill thought out
you are knocking his networks, channels and content because they would not exist without his investment
someone does not go through all of this just because your upset about losing a few channels to watch
he put retro tv back on the air when equity cut the feed and look at all what has happened
the bankruptcy court has not gone against him and it does not look like it will

I hope the Luken channels stay around and in the clear for a long time to come. The current cost cutting steps should help them become more profitable and efficient. After reading the details of company’s bankruptcy I would say he had very sound legal advice.

i do not even have any of the networks,
retro is on a analog lp station but i do not get that to well waiting for it to be approved for digital,
i just like Tuff TV, FGO and Car TV sound cool PBJ would be cool to and would love to watch the networks,
i like diginets and find them more interesting than most of the cable networks
i like to keep up on all the news i can find about broadcast tv, diginets, and standards, and the auction/repack
i like broadcast tv better than cable and am excited about how it will still evolve with more diginets and more bandwidth for stations

if i could get a big dish i would but cannot, if that big surprise luken planned had happened i probably would have had a dish put up for it

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.