Luken KU feeds to end on 1/31

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Henry doesn't believe in IP. Cutting satellite costs by eliminating Ku and 137W, that he could believe in. Gap-filling with the IP feed for those who don't have the room? That he could possibly believe in. But I cannot see Henry going to IP only, based on what I know of him.

- Trip

Trip I would agree with what you said.

I have been watching the LPTV group on Yahoo and they are acting like they were not warned about this, which I find wild considering we knew about it on January 10th. Is it a case of them not paying attention to communicationsor Luken doing a bad job of informing these guys of the changes?

the bankruptcy court has to approve everything,
he is not letting it all die,
how can you write off a bankruptcy and i do believe an 17.7 million investment that was unsecured
plus all the money that was used to keep the business going and starting and running all the other networks,
it always operated at a loss,
if it all dies than it was all for nothing if Luken Communications does not survive,
the creditors are the ones who will most likely get control of the company exactly like Tribune
Henry Luken would have to be removed as a creditor to lose control of the company and his investment
will this Equity Media bankruptcy business finally be behind them and investment be returned to Luken Communications that is the question,
look at what happened to Tribune they doubled in size, purchased half of ThisTV , became the largest independent content creator
Luken Communications bankruptcy could end up being the best thing that ever happened to the company we'll just have to wait and see
all the troubles from the past could be gone
though it may be that it may not be the best thing for FTA Satellite

Last edited:
Trip I would agree with what you said.

I have been watching the LPTV group on Yahoo and they are acting like they were not warned about this, which I find wild considering we knew about it on January 10th. Is it a case of them not paying attention to communicationsor Luken doing a bad job of informing these guys of the changes?

Stations were originally notified in April of last year that the Ku feeds were going away. No date was set, but it was definitely coming, and affiliates were told the Ku feeds were for backup ONLY. They had much more warning than January 10, including an entire summer when the weather would have been good enough to do work.

In fairness to some, this was not true for AMC-7. But for the Ku, it is.

- Trip

As most of you know, I no longer work at Luken, but I do keep in touch. Just got word that the SES-2 satellite feed was cleaned up significantly yesterday. Anyone want to give it a try and see if it's any easier to receive?

- Trip

I call RTV today to get an idea if a 8ft would cut it. First question was about the dish I was using and if it sold or mesh. I was also told they pushed the signal up 1.5 db. They said I should be able to lock on BUT it would be ifie. So in the end I could not get it from central NY and am looking for a 10 ft.

I call RTV today to get an idea if a 8ft would cut it. First question was about the dish I was using and if it sold or mesh. I was also told they pushed the signal up 1.5 db. They said I should be able to lock on BUT it would be ifie. So in the end I could not get it from central NY and am looking for a 10 ft.

That's strange. I am in west central Indiana with and 8 foot solid and I am getting RTV on SES2 at 97% on a Traxis 6000.

oh no! hadn't turned on th e old KU dish for weeks ( so much snow!)
RTV now Retro when they were on 123W were the reason I go in to FTA in the first place!
:(

lyngsat shows some NBC feeds on 83w did a scan (snow falling) and nada, scanned at 72w and nada...

oh no! hadn't turned on th e old KU dish for weeks ( so much snow!)
RTV now Retro when they were on 123W were the reason I go in to FTA in the first place!
:(

lyngsat shows some NBC feeds on 83w did a scan (snow falling) and nada, scanned at 72w and nada...

83w Ku has ocassional feeds (news and other events).

I haven't got anything bigger than a 36'' dish . Was really missing a couple shows , I had got use to seeing . Found a good online RTV feed on my mini pc android box . It's a legal one for anyone , weyw19.com , Key West Fl. . Advertises that they will be broadcasting ; Tuff , PBJ My Family & The Nashville network soon , also . Nice good picture and study feed , just a pain switching the tv to hdmi and pulling up the website .

I haven't got anything bigger than a 36'' dish . Was really missing a couple shows , I had got use to seeing . Found a good online RTV feed on my mini pc android box . It's a legal one for anyone , weyw19.com , Key West Fl. . Advertises that they will be broadcasting ; Tuff , PBJ My Family & The Nashville network soon , also . Nice good picture and study feed , just a pain switching the tv to hdmi and pulling up the website .

Thanks for sharing the link.

Well I found a 10' now I need to get it off it pole and remounted.
Hope to by two weeks.

If at all possible, dig out the pole and take it with you. It's typically not as hard as you would think, and it'll save you $100. I've even POPPED them out of the ground using a very long 2x8, and U clamp, and a sawhorse as a fulcrum point. If you or the guy has a front-end loader or tractor, you can wrap towing chain around the bottom of the pole, and use that to pop it out of the ground.

If at all possible, dig out the pole and take it with you. It's typically not as hard as you would think, and it'll save you $100. I've even POPPED them out of the ground using a very long 2x8, and U clamp, and a sawhorse as a fulcrum point. If you or the guy has a front-end loader or tractor, you can wrap towing chain around the bottom of the pole, and use that to pop it out of the ground.
Thats to much like work and to expensive for what you describe primestar..Best bet is take a sawzall and cut the pipe off just below the surface..Granted it is long enough..Or just go to a local scrapyard and get a pole 3 1/2" with at least a 3/16" wall thickness..Here in town they can be had 10-16' lengths for 5 bucks...I might be lucky because it does not matter what pole I bring to the big fella at our local scrapyard he always tells me 5 bucks..lol.....100 bucks is a stretch tho.

100 bucks is about right for new at the hardware store but not used at the scrap yard. As I'm sure everyone knows scrap yard prices are all over the board.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts