Luken Networks could head to Auction Block

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How many of those old Lassie episodes were B&W?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Jeff was the first era I think, all B&W. All the Timmy years episodes I´ve watched are B&W. The ranger years I think at least some of them were in color.

Jeff was the first era I think, all B&W. All the Timmy years episodes I´ve watched are B&W. The ranger years I think at least some of them were in color.

The end of the "Timmy" years, around 1963-1964 had some scenes from one of the movie's that were cut in and in color. 12th season (1965 Ranger) was in color for sure. However, there's at least 1 episode during the "Jeff" years that was color.

lassthewell2.jpg

For me this boat started sinking in 2011, when RTV lost their NBC programming, Kojak, Dragnet, Adam 12, Magnum PI, Rockford Files, Leave it to Beaver, etc.
Replacing that with the same episodes of I Spy, Daniel Boone, and others.
I´ve already said goodbye to RTV and PBJ when they pulled them out from Ku.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Yeah, when they left ku I said I was going to build up a dish to get them on c-band but I’ve been doing pretty much zero to make that happen.
It’s either too wet or too hot or the mosquitoes are too bad or all of the above for me to go spend days out there at it.
I miss the cartoons on PBJ and I was really excited to see the announcement about the classic Doctor Who series but now I’m pretty sure it’s all folly.
I don’t even understand what the point of penning a deal with the BBC (WHAT were they thinking???!!) when everyone could plainly see that this network is doomed and has been on life support for a long time.

I’m thinking that maybe it was a last minute ploy to inflate the perceived value of the network to help Luken out somehow. I call shenanigans..

I’m fully expecting it to be liquidated. I don’t see anyone picking it up and doing anything at all with it. It’s dead Jim, as they would say on Star Trek.

Yes I know. Sometime ago, I was looking for Lassie DVD´s, and sadly I just found some sets with a very few random episodes. And I have the hunch such a set will never be released.

Several years ago I bought the Lassie 50th Anniversary DVD set.
Although the content was good including an informational booklet, the visual quality of the episode prints left a lot to be desired.
All of the Timmy and Lassie episodes started with the 1959 opening even though the actual episode was filmed earlier or later than 1959.
Some of the Jeff's Collie episodes had a "wavering" soundtrack and the later color Lassie episodes had horrible color.
IMHO this DVD was a real disappointment for Lassie fans and a slap in the muzzle to Lassie herself.

OMG !!!

vlcsnap-2014-07-23-14h43m18s91.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-07-23-14h42m58s155.jpg

One of the local religious channels, KAOB has just added PBJ to their lineup !
What I find really weird is they, a religious channel, also added TUFF-TV on 27.6 but they did not put Retro or RTV or whatever it is this week.
I would have thought RTV was more family friendly than TUFF which is a lot of ZOOM ZOOM, BOOM BOOM and womanizing stuff.

Go figure...

Now I can resume recording Harvey Toons again. I still haven’t gotten around to getting them via C-band. I’ve been lazy..

Sadly though this won’t be for long. I hate to see these channels go away but as sure as the sun rises in the east, Luken stuff is doomed.

Enjoy while you can..

OMG !!!

What I find really weird is they, a religious channel, also added TUFF-TV on 27.6 but they did not put Retro or RTV or whatever it is this week.
I would have thought RTV was more family friendly than TUFF which is a lot of ZOOM ZOOM, BOOM BOOM and womanizing stuff.

Go figure...

Now I can resume recording Harvey Toons again. I still haven’t gotten around to getting them via C-band. I’ve been lazy..

Sadly though this won’t be for long. I hate to see these channels go away but as sure as the sun rises in the east, Luken stuff is doomed.

Enjoy while you can..

Yep, agreed I also think that RTV would be more family oriented and friendly than the fights, Dog the bounty hunter and all that.
Anyway, sounds like this could be the year when Luken channels finally go off the air.
Too late to wish Luken had never touched Equity (including RETRO), not even with a ten foot pole. :D

Reactions: Dee_Ann
OMG !!!

View attachment 99730

View attachment 99731

Go figure...

Enjoy while you can..

What "womanizing stuff", some of the programs like auto wars is really stupid when they were on 83w, some of the programs sucked, change the channel if you don't like it, that's what I do.

I don't see them going anywhere. It is going to the auction block and Luken and Preston have already agreed to put up $2 million for it. The only question is will they keep it or will Rice or someone else decide to go after it. If someone else gets it we may lose it fta but I don't seeing it going off the air this year.

What "womanizing stuff", some of the programs like auto wars is really stupid when they were on 83w, some of the programs sucked, change the channel if you don't like it, that's what I do.

Well the few times in the past when I used to tune in TUFF to see the silly, really BAD B movies, the host was some guy in really weird makeup and flames always on the bottom of the screen.

vlcsnap-2014-07-23-18h14m13s183.png

Even this wasn’t immune from it, what with his arm candy always with the immodest attire.

Sometimes I would fall asleep and wake up later to see some show with a bunch of hot rods and women in g-strings and heels. It was real low brow stuff.
Squealing tires, loud cars and almost nude women. Not what I would consider to be family friendly fare. And all the fighting stuff was the epitome of low brow entertainment.

Anyway, I’m just wondering what in the world was behind them choosing TUFF over Retro/RTV.. For a religious channel it makes no sense to me.
But whatever. At least I have PBJ back until I can get my C-band issues sorted out. For as long as that lasts.. :/

I don't see them going anywhere. It is going to the auction block and Luken and Preston have already agreed to put up $2 million for it. The only question is will they keep it or will Rice or someone else decide to go after it. If someone else gets it we may lose it fta but I don't seeing it going off the air this year.

You must be new to FTA.. :rolleyes:

American FTA is one of the most unstable environments on earth. We never get more or better channels. They always, always die off and before they do they degenerate into a sad, sad little lump of recycled Z-grade shows.

I’ve seen sooooooooo many channels die off. I’ve seen bunches of channels pop up and die off just as rapidly as they appeared.
That we are allowed to have MeTV is the mind blower. It’s about all that’s left outside of PBS. Take away PBS and MeTV (and once Luken is gone), the only thing left will be wild feeds, foreign language/ethnic stuff and religious channels.

The future of FTA is not bright or promising. This is why I also subscribe to Di$h AND I have a Roku 3 and I’m doing everything I can to learn the ways of streaming IP TV. There is a LOT of stuff via streaming but it’s clunky and not always super easy to find stuff.

There’s no need for all the doom and gloom, I don’t see fta going anywhere anytime soon. I’ve only been around a couple of years but have not noticed any decline in the number of non religious fta English speaking channels. I have seen a decline in ku, but not in c band. There has been several channels come and go, but the total number has been fairly constant. FTA is my only source of programming other than some free internet streaming and a couple of local ota channels that come and go and I find plenty to watch.

As for the Luken channels, he wouldn’t put up $2 million if he didn’t feel he could turn it around. Dissolving the company would make more sense.

He’s just playing games so he can write it all off as a loss. It’s to his benefit for it to fail now.. It can not possibly succeed, it bleeds cash so it has no where to go but down, down, down..
He’s going to capitalize on this..

Reactions: DJdish and navychop
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)